• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Mathematics Paper 72 (Statistics 2)?

Reaction score
Whenever you all can discuss please tell me your answers to Q3 about the golf one.

Reaction score
Whenever you all can discuss please tell me your answers to Q3 about the golf one.
It was extremely weird, yes. I just noticed I put down the s.d. rather than the variance (which is what I think they were asking for). Could you PM your full answer to that q?

Reaction score
I guess all was straight forward except for the Mr Crumb Q3 and that conditional probability thing.

Reaction score
I guess all was straight forward except for the Mr Crumb
Yep
I got the answers right but I FORGOT TO SQUARE THE STANDARD DEVIATION for the golf! That's 1 mark gone. And I think that's it. Btw please delete the second part of your post as it does give a hint to people who haven't done the paper yet!

Reaction score
Yep
I got the answers right but I FORGOT TO SQUARE THE STANDARD DEVIATION for the golf! That's 1 mark gone. And I think that's it. Btw please delete the second part of your post as it does give a hint to people who haven't done the paper yet!

Reaction score
Come to think of it, it was pretty hard..

Q3 WAS CRAZY. I THOUGHT I WAS JUST OVER-THINKING IT. What'd you guys get for the E(X) and Var (X)?

and do you remember the answer for Q5 (iii)?

Also the conditional probability, the final question of the exam!? I just mulitplied P (Xgreaterthanequal 1) by my answer to part (ii) :p

Reaction score

Q3 WAS CRAZY. I THOUGHT I WAS JUST OVER-THINKING IT. What'd you guys get for the E(X) and Var (X)?

Also the conditional probability, the final question of the exam!? I just mulitplied P (Xgreaterthanequal 1) by my answer to part (ii) :p
Q3
E(X) was 150, Var (X) was 30,000 (I accidentally wrote the s.d. tho :( )
In the last q I'm afraid you had to divide P(X<4) by P(X>=1) :S

Reaction score

What was Q5? I might remember

Reaction score
I also got E(x) 150 and Var(x) 30000, as far as q5 is considered it was regarding confidence intervals,part 3 was (0.96)^4 as per binomial process.While as per my concepts the conditional probability was not p(x<4)/p(x is greater or equal to 1).Rather it was p(x=1,2,3)/p(x is greater or equal to 1) as zero is not an intersection between p(x is greater or equal to 1) and p(x<4)

Reaction score
I also got E(x) 150 and Var(x) 30000, as far as q5 is considered it was regarding confidence intervals,part 3 was (0.96)^4 as per binomial process.While as per my concepts the conditional probability was not p(x<4)/p(x is greater or equal to 1).Rather it was p(x=1,2,3)/p(x is greater or equal to 1) as zero is not an intersection between p(x is greater or equal to 1) and p(x<4)
I just realised you're probably right.