• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Mathematics 9709/12 ?

Reaction score
What were the answers to that b part of cro and the angle of velocity?
are you talking about question about the source approaching and receeding?
Greater no of wave cycles seen on the cro when the source is approaching since frequency increases. Opposite for decreasing.

Reaction score
What did u write in Q6 where phase difference between two waves was given 0 and next part where 180 was given?

Reaction score
I wrote the same but also wrote height of the vertical trace increases as the source approaches,will i get penalised

Reaction score
co-efficient of x as 80, then in (ii) it was -40

The equation of the line AB was 3y = -2x + 14

The co-ordinates of B I got (4,2)

The angles I got were 19.5o and 160.5o.

The area of the shaded region was 22.7 cm2

The equation of the tangent line was y = 3/4 x - 9/2

The rate of change of y with time was 0.12 units per second

The volume of the shaded region when rotated about the x axis was 9pi units3.

The minimum number of terms needed to exceed 20,000 was 70

The sum to infinity was 64.8

The angle AOB was 68.2o

p = 2.5 and q = 4

The stationary point was (4,8)

The curve met the line y=6 when the x co-ordinates were 9 and 1

The range of values of k which for which the curve did not intersect the line k>8

The value of x when f(x)+4 = 0 to one dp was x=-1.2

The domain of the inverse of f was the same as the range of f which was -5<= x <= 1.

Where do you get your solutions from? Your teachers? Apart from that I think the range for which the line y=6 does not intersect the line is k>4. I tested plugging in k=5,6,7,8 in the exam and the quadratic had no real solutions... Am I right? Do you recall f(x) with th tan(x) in one of the last questions? Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Where do you get your solutions from? Your teachers? Apart from that I think the range for which the line y=6 does not intersect the line is k>4. I tested plugging in k=5,6,7,8 in the exam and the quadratic had no real solutions... Am I right? Do you recall f(x) with th tan(x) in one of the last questions? Thanks in advance!
Bro i think it was not for the line y=6 it was general to find the value of k for which the actual equation had no roots.

Reaction score
Bro i think it was not for the line y=6 it was general to find the value of k for which the actual equation had no roots.
Oh yeah sry. Yes I just misread. Luckily not in the exam ! Yes I know it's for the general line. Anyway what about my solution.