• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS ECONOMICS PAPER 12?

How much are you getting?

• Total voters
Reaction score
It was about the production possibility curve and due to unemployment the point will move not the curve. Don't remember which option it was tho (Variant 12)
Actually the point will curve inwards. You can check wikipedia
It was written:the PPF(production–possibility frontier (PPF) or production–possibility curve) will shift inward if the labor force shrinks

Reaction score
But labour force shrinks and labour force is unemployed is a dfferent thing, no?
if there was a sudden increase in the labor force, either from a population boom or, more likely, from immigration, then the production possibilities curve shifts outward, or to the right. Why is this? It's because more people working means more production possible.

This works in reverse as well. If the country experiences more unemployment, then the unemployment rate goes up. That means the labor force is shrinking, so more people are not working and not being productive. This would decrease the output of the nation, and shift the production possibilities curve inward, or to the left.

Reaction score
The PPC one is for sure point shifts inwards....

If more people are unemployed that doesn't mean the labor force shrinks, because these people CAN still work, they just don't have jobs. Therefore all the resources aren't fully utilized in the economy so the point shifts inwards.

Check the second option in this link http://people.oregonstate.edu/~fraundom/ppcex.html

There was a question like: developing countries try to stop people from moving from rural to urban areas. To do so governments often give companies grants to set up in rural areas. What is the intention for this?
a) reduce transportation costs
b) reduce external costs
c) improve economies of scale
d) increase labour.

I went with C, but I'm not too sure.

And the Nokia one I went with the Industrial Disputes, but again I'm not sure...

Reaction score

If more people are unemployed that doesn't mean the labor force shrinks, because these people CAN still work, they just don't have jobs. Therefore all the resources aren't fully utilized in the economy so the point shifts inwards.

Check the second option in this link http://people.oregonstate.edu/~fraundom/ppcex.html

There was a question like: developing countries try to stop people from moving from rural to urban areas. To do so governments often give companies grants to set up in rural areas. What is the intention for this?
b) reduce external costs
d) increase labour.

And the Nokia one I went with the Industrial Disputes, but again I'm not sure...
Huh, I chose D. Since more people would be hired that seemed the most reasonable. Plus, I don't think governments would improve economies of scale.

Reaction score

b) reduce external costs
d) increase labour.

You just spoke my words :D
Yes, the people can still work, therefore only the point will shift inwards :3