• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Economics P41?

Reaction score
I did 42 aswell. Was Quite ok in my opinion. I did the questions on equi-marginal and wage determination. What about you guys?

Reaction score
Eco P 42

For the data, last question, worth 8 marks.
Could you guess out how the marking would've been for this part?

I did the first and last essays. Equi-marginal principle and developing countries.

Reaction score
not sure myself. I just wrote that there are some similarities but ultimately the problem was made worse in the uk because of their monetary and fiscal policy. No evidence was given of japans policys to face the problem and so the causes remain unknown and yea ofcource from the data i pointed out the differences. What bout you guys?

Reaction score
Same as yours. Information is lacking to be able to reach a reliable conclusion.

I find it funny though. CIE actually gives you marks for telling them they don't supply enough info. Good. ;D

Reaction score
I suppose it makes it easier for them to pick a passage to give, knowing that being subjective is the key.

Reaction score
Subjective? Why? Well, perhaps you're right... many of the data questions are Newspaper articles anyway.

Lol, in that case, CIE actually gives you marks for telling them outside sources* don't supply enough info. Bad*. :p

Reaction score
Subjective as I dont think they're looking for a specific answer as much as why you support your views based on economic theory. Based on that any well reasoned argument can get full marks I suppose.

Reaction score
Ah, okay. That's normal. I thought you meant they were subjective in their choice of questions.

Reaction score
hi as for me i did developed/developing countries and wage determination!

for the 8marks i only compared whether or not it was caused by same events(decrease in consumer deman in uk but not in Japan)
but i didnt mention fiscal and montary policies!!
how much marks u think i might lose?

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Paper 41 was indeed different...Q1 was about unemployment having affect on shops and all that.
we had to draw budget lines etc. it was relatively easy.

Reaction score
darenchamp08 said:
hi as for me i did developed/developing countries and wage determination!

for the 8marks i only compared whether or not it was caused by same events(decrease in consumer deman in uk but not in Japan)
but i didnt mention fiscal and montary policies!!
how much marks u think i might lose?
Actually Japan also had a fall in consumer demand..just not by the same ammount i think and thus didnt have the same impact in both countries. For a country to have a recession a fall in consumer demand is generally the case in both countries. Hope you didnt write that japan faced no fall in consumer demand at all as I'm pretty sure the case mentioned japan's also fell. Their dependence on Export led growth also is quite different which is both a similiarity and a difference. What I mean by this is that although two countries may have similiar causes their relative importance to cause the recession is quite different.