• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY PAPER 22 ?

How did you find the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
How many "no reactions" were present and which were they among the 6? They were 6 in all right? How many color changes did u guys get? Is there anyone who remembers the first organic reaction?

Reaction score
I cant remember too clearly what it wa but I did remember that I wrote a colour change from orange to green for one of the reactions , which I think might have been reaction 1

Reaction score
How many "no reactions" were present and which were they among the 6? They were 6 in all right? How many color changes did u guys get? Is there anyone who remembers the first organic reaction?
the first one was a tertairy alcohol and not an aldehyde,first i got confused too and mistook it for an aldehyde but when i drew its structure i realized that it was a tertairy alcohol
U just got tricked by that CHO in the end of the formula
just draw the structure and you ll know it

Reaction score
It was quite difficult, the 1st and the 4th question were tough other than that all went well :D Hope the Gt is low anybody knows the equation when Nh4Cl + H2SO4 react what will be the products i wrote CaCl2 + H2O + NH3 are these correct ?

Reaction score
the first one was a tertairy alcohol and not an aldehyde,first i got confused too and mistook it for an aldehyde but when i drew its structure i realized that it was a tertairy alcohol
U just got tricked by that CHO in the end of the formula
just draw the structure and you ll know it
See I have never seen a compound anywhere which has a CHO in the end and is an alcohol. A CHO in the end always means that the carbon has a double bond with oxygen, indicating that it's an aldehyde. It it were alcohol, it would've been OH then. Btw do you remember the exact formula of the compound?

Reaction score
It was quite difficult, the 1st and the 4th question were tough other than that all went well :D Hope the Gt is low anybody knows the equation when Nh4Cl + H2SO4 react what will be the products i wrote CaCl2 + H2O + NH3 are these correct ?
The equation was 2NH4Cl + Ca(OH)2 ----> 2NH3 + 2H2O + CaCl2, no? :O

Reaction score
The compound was tertiary alcohol it was (CH3)3CHO try drawing the structure u will get to know.