• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY PAPER 22 ?

How did you find the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
For the last page they asked for displayed formula not 3D , thus the structure drawn does not have to be in 3D
That x question was tricky , I got 7 for it...
That exam was ok , something very different especially the organic chemistry :| , spent so much time learning that organic chapter parrot fashion and was struck by lightning in the paper by having to really interpret those organic compounds as they were not straight forward regurgatation of work studied
Hoping paper 1 will be decent !
Threshold of this paper should be about 45/60 for an A
Well optical isomers have to be in 3D, there are several past paper's questions too where there's a mark specifically for the 3D arrangement.

Reaction score
What were we supposed to write where they asked for an explanation of why CaO is used as a drying agent? And also what cud have been the possibilities of the zinc compounds used to produce zinc sulfate?
I can't wait for these 24 hrs to pass :D

Reaction score
Does cis-trans also have to be in 3D , because the one was cis-trans and the other was optical

Reaction score
So any tips from anyone for chemistry paper 1 ? , especially with those last 10 questions...

Reaction score
What were we supposed to write where they asked for an explanation of why CaO is used as a drying agent? And also what cud have been the possibilities of the zinc compounds used to produce zinc sulfate?
I can't wait for these 24 hrs to pass :D

I put sulphuric acid for the reducing agent , if it is calcium oxide then it could be because calcium oxide reacts with water to form calcium hydroxide ... that's the only answer I can think of..

Reaction score
So any tips from anyone for chemistry paper 1 ? , especially with those last 10 questions...
i think u just need to know your notes really well and maybe do a lot of past papers...:)

Reaction score
I put sulphuric acid for the reducing agent , if it is calcium oxide then it could be because calcium oxide reacts with water to form calcium hydroxide ... that's the only answer I can think of..
In the book, they had used calcium oxide so yeah besides it being a source of desiccation, i wrote about the formation of calcium hydroxide. I hope i get the req marks :D

Reaction score
what was the first reaction the reactant and condition?....can't seem to remember
Oxidation it was i guess of tertiary alcohol with acidified Potassium dichromate. Then there was this one of the compounds to be reduced by NaBH4. 3rd i cant remember

Reaction score
I SO hate the last 10. Go thru each n every topic frm the book as we have like 10 days and past papers.. do them all.

Reaction score
Oxidation it was i guess of tertiary alcohol with acidified Potassium dichromate. Then there was this one of the compounds to be reduced by NaBH4. 3rd i cant remember
oh no first one i didn't realise it was a tertiary alcohol....i only got the second one with no reaction!:(

Reaction score
Compound B did react. Perhaps it was the one which showed a color change.
yes that's right compound B reacted...i was talking about the reaction of NaBH4 with the tertiary alcohol...that's the one that didn't react...right?

Reaction score
-Q5 doubt!

In isomerism part, i drew a cis-trans in first one.

Didn't knew what to do in second part. So i drew structural isomer. :(

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
how about the reaction with silver and chloride? I can't remember the equation and observations at all, blank that literally

Reaction score
-Q5 doubt!

In isomerism part, i drew a cis-trans in first one.

Didn't knew what to do in second part. So i drew structural isomer. :(

What do you guys think?
i drew cis-trans for first one and the second part i drew optical