• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS CHEMISTRY P42 MAY/JUNE 2017 (POLL)

How was Chemistry p42 may/june 2017

• HARD

Votes: 53 84.1%
  • NORMAL

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • EASY

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I have also realized that people giving A level composite had an edge, as a lot of AS level was in there. I was one of these people.

Reaction score
I have also realized that people giving A level composite had an edge, as a lot of AS level was in there. I was one of these people.
exactly
I was thinking the same..
I had just revised all the AS because I was taking composite and I won't have done if I had been taking A2 only..
and therefore I could do all the halogen testing and mechanisms without problem.
I just checked up my bidentate isomers, I drew them correct! :D
So you are taking 33 tomorrow?
how is prep? any idea what's coming?

Reaction score
CIE be like...

Head examiner: OK ladies and gentlemen, how do we f*** up the candidates this time?
Examiner 1: Let's test the sh*t out of AS organic chemistry. Tests for halogenoalkanes anyone?
Head examiner: *chuckles* Let's see them b*tches remember that!
Examiner 1: Why don't we make a big ass table with AgNO3 / NaOH + HNO3 tests right in the beginning? That'll stop 'em from making the organic compounds since they don't remember the tests anyway! :D
Head examiner: You my buddy, ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND!!
Examiner 3: Isomers! ISOMERS PLEASE!! CAN WE HAVE ISOMERS DADDY ?? I LOVE ISOMERS!
Head examiner: Ok ok calm down man we'll get it done geez...
Examiner 2: I know! Let's f*** up the equilibrium constants!
Examiner 3: On that note, we should f*** up the maths! Anyone up to make a weird a*s algebra question?
Examiner 2: Let's throw in some AS inorganic too!
Examiner 4: How about we leave out analytical chemistry and electrochemistry? That'll be a slap to all them stupid ass guess papers!

Head examiner: I f***ing love my job. Can't wait to write that examiner report on this one!

Why is this comment so lit!!! XD

Reaction score
Mr was 81
It wasnt. I got 81 too and messed it all up. How did you write the formula with Mr 81? It was above 120 and it has to do with the equations written for NaOH and SO2. You and I probably made the same mistake of writing NaHSO3 as a product rather than Na2SO3.

Reaction score
exactly
I had just revised all the AS because I was taking composite and I won't have done if I had been taking A2 only..
and therefore I could do all the halogen testing and mechanisms without problem.
i'm giving 34 :p 9 days gap till my next exam!:D

Reaction score
U
exactly

Was that Angelic a functional group isomer for other U or T structures ??
And what were your bidentate isomers ??

Reaction score
It wasnt. I got 81 too and messed it all up. How did you write the formula with Mr 81? It was above 120 and it has to do with the equations written for NaOH and SO2. You and I probably made the same mistake of writing NaHSO3 as a product rather than Na2SO3.
I got the Mr 81 too

Reaction score
U

Was that Angelic a functional group isomer for other U or T structures ??
idk why i found the angelic acid Q. so easy. Maybe i did something wrong :( i was pretty sure of having correct answer during the paper. I'm a confused man.:mad:

Reaction score