• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P1/2

Reaction score
i think it was magnesium as it lost more mass
that thoght came to me but then it was written that thermal stability depends upon reactivity!
moreover magnesium's mass was less than copper in 2gm (CALculate mass by dividing Mr of cabonate wid 2 gms and multiplying it wid metal's Ar) so I took that for granted that it lost more mass because prcentage of magnesium was less than that much carbonate of copper, therefor less was left.
I dont know my ans is ryt or not I assumed most

Reaction score
that thoght came to me but then it was written that thermal stability depends upon reactivity!
moreover magnesium's mass was less than copper in 2gm (CALculate mass by dividing Mr of cabonate wid 2 gms and multiplying it wid metal's Ar) so I took that for granted that it lost more mass because prcentage of magnesium was less than that much carbonate of copper, therefor less was left.
I dont know my ans is ryt or not I assumed most

I wrote magnesium, i think ur explanation is OK.. but still have some doubts

Reaction score
Well Copper carbonate was the least stable.......answer for mass part was that they all have differnet number of moles with 2 g , so differnet mass of Co2 was released
And, the ionic was bit complicated, I dont remember it ryte now
For the prepartaion of copper chloride, which was a soluble salt, i wrote" take excess amount of copper carbonate and mix it with dilute sulphuric acid( i guess these were the starting materials given ryte?). FILTER out excess copper carnbonate and evapourate the filtrate to the crystallization point. allow to cool and wash with water and then dry with filter paper"
Hope it helped :D
did the same.....(y) i dnt know why people are saying that magnesium carbonate was the least stable...actually magnesium carbonate was the most stable...........

Reaction score
did the same.....(y) i dnt know why people are saying that magnesium carbonate was the least stable...actually magnesium carbonate was the most stable...........
table said so aur waisay bhi reactivity series ... its copper. how on earth is it magnesium? any proof?

Reaction score
Hey do you know how much mark this question WAS, i completely forgotten this question even though I ATTEMPTED THAT!!
:eek: