• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Biology Paper 42 MAY/JUNE 2017?

How tough was biology paper 42 may/june 2017?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Man wtf was that paper. I cried after coming back home, literally. Even the questions that I knew, I ended messing them up. Sigh, so demotivated and disheartened. :( I have a 102 in AS and was really hoping for an A*, worked hard the entire year but I don't think it will happen..

Reaction score
Man wtf was that paper. I cried after coming back home, literally. Even the questions that I knew, I ended messing them up. Sigh, so demotivated and disheartened. :( I have a 102 in AS and was really hoping for an A*, worked hard the entire year but I don't think it will happen..
that's pretty sad..
what do you think you messed up?

Reaction score
same situation here mann 103 for AS, doesn't seem like happening in A2, the paper was different and lengthy :/ that genetic diagram question of BRCA thing, i dont think anyone in the whole school did it here :eek: what'd yall write :eek:

Reaction score
Guys please be honest. Looking at the difficulty of this year's papers can i hope for an A if i expect a 170-179/260 total?

Reaction score
The poll can asure you that it was a large number that found the paper hard. Hopefully gt will be in 50s. I mean 2014,2013 M/J papers were not this hard and had a gt of 56/100. Lets hope for the best.

Reaction score
Second question part a was about nervous and hormonal coordination.
Part b was chemoreceptors.

Reaction score
Guys please someone answer this. Is 170-179 ok for an A out of 260?? Considering this paper's difficulty? I am so scared rn. :(:cry:

Reaction score
Guys please someone answer this. Is 170-179 ok for an A out of 260?? Considering this paper's difficulty? I am so scared rn. :(:cry:
considering last year the a* was 179 with an easier paper, you should be good

Reaction score
What about the 5 marks waste products question? Can we write about CO2 in it?
Lactic acid.
Edit: CO2 is wrong as it is only a product of anaerobic respiration in yeast. Here only runners were considered

Last edited: