• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HOW WAS BIOLOGY PAPER 11

how was the paper ?

• Total voters
Reaction score
that was pretty stupid of me Marz katy for the contentes of the lysosome did u put just ER or also golgi ...

Reaction score
any1 sure of wich cmpd or ions replace 02?,,options wer co2 co hydregen crbonate ion and hydrogen ion

Reaction score
what about the question which said where hydrogen bonds are necessary
cellulose water haemoglobin and glycogen
I chose cellulose, water and glycogen! Since glycogen has OH which consists of a hydrogen bond, and I dont remember reading anywhere that haemoglobin has hydrogen bonds and I dont recommend saying that you are sure of the answers when the mark scheme is not released yet because you never know and you might get someone over stressed when they had the right answer all along

Reaction score
I chose cellulose, water and glycogen! Since glycogen has OH which consists of a hydrogen bond, and I dont remember reading anywhere that haemoglobin has hydrogen bonds and I dont recommend saying that you are sure of the answers when the mark scheme is not released yet because you never know and you might get someone over stressed when they had the right answer all along
well no1 wants to stress any1..every comes here to share what dey rote and the reason y dey rote to be sure...if u tink its wrong dont come to these discussions=) http://www.bio.davidson.edu/Courses/Molbio/MolStudents/spring2010/Hua/Hemoglobin.html......chk ds out dat haemoglobin has hydrogen bond...and u show me wer its ritten gycogen has hydrogen bond...il be glad if u can show me

Reaction score
Katy We had CO C02 H ions and Hc03 HC03 makes no sense right? ... H ions come from the disscociation of the carbonic acid which came from the dissolve of cabon dioxide... So carbon monoxide is not what causes oxygen to dissociate per se but it is the hydrogen ions. As we seen carbon monoxide has a higher affinity and binds to the esame part as oxygen forming carboxyhaemoglobin.... This test seemed easy but it was kinda hard

Reaction score
Katy We had CO C02 H ions and Hc03 HC03 makes no sense right? ... H ions come from the disscociation of the carbonic acid which came from the dissolve of cabon dioxide... So carbon monoxide is not what causes oxygen to dissociate per se but it is the hydrogen ions. As we seen carbon monoxide has a higher affinity and binds to the esame part as oxygen forming carboxyhaemoglobin.... This test seemed easy but it was kinda hard

u mean to say co2 doesnt bt h plus does?? i do biliv h plus does.....but but wts bohr effect than? is it that co2 doesnt bind but co2 dessociate to h plus wich binds?? r u very sure of ds ans???

Reaction score
which process is the movement of molecules that are too large to diffuse IN through a cell surface membrane
choices were active transport , endocytosis , facilitated diffusion and osmosis
i picked endocytosis

Reaction score
what was the answer to that question which showed a structure of a molecule and then said what it could this structure be ?
glucose , ribose and deoxyribose....

Reaction score
H+ is a product of c02 dissociation... So saying h+ anc co2 was somewhat the same thing both will end up forming HHB which would displace oxygen... So H+ which actually discplaces and C0 were the right ones

Reaction score
what was the answer to that question which showed a structure of a molecule and then said what it could this structure be ?
glucose , ribose and deoxyribose....

It was A, glucose only, because the straight chain sugar they gave us in the diagram was a hexose; ribose and deoxyribose are both pentose sugars, hence it can't be either of them. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
By the way the one with the bypass it was the first one i think To improve oxygenation of the heart muscle and by pass it ....