• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Biology paper 11 and 31 ?

Reaction score
Tbh, they were easier than I expected they'd be. Paper 1 was easy but there were 2 questions that were a bit tricky, the one about the flies and the one about dry mass. What were your answers?

Reaction score
Tbh, they were easier than I expected they'd be. Paper 1 was easy but there were 2 questions that were a bit tricky, the one about the flies and the one about dry mass. What were your answers?
I did A. As it was said that orange flies always produce orange so they had both dominant alleles ie OO and they were homozygous . For red flies crossed with oeange it was written that some offsprings are red and some are orange so it meant that red flies were heterozygous ie Rr.
So Rr×rr produces 1:1
Most of the dry mass from balanced diet is from carbohydrates,proteins and fats !!
What was ur answer for that amylase question where ph decreased from 13 to 1 ??

Reaction score
I did A. As it was said that orange flies always produce orange so they had both dominant alleles ie OO and they were homozygous . For red flies crossed with oeange it was written that some offsprings are red and some are orange so it meant that red flies were heterozygous ie Rr.
Most of the dry mass from balanced diet is from carbohydrates,proteins and fats !!
i did red is dominant allele ... because red flies were also having orange offspring and only dominat allele can be expressed in the phenotype and be heterozygous in genotype
i did speed up then slow down

Reaction score
Speeds up then slows down.

Reaction score
LITERALLY NONE OF THE STUFF I SPENT MY LIFEE MEMORIZING CAME . but the stuff that came was for s o many marks.. and thats why i was like ... how is this for 5 marks losers ... please ask me nice stuff like insulin ..liver .. nervous system etc

Reaction score
i did red is dominant allele ... because red flies were also having orange offspring and only dominat allele can be expressed in the phenotype and be heterozygous in genotype
i did speed up then slow down
True, but only if we know that the orange fly has the recessive allele for sure. The allele for the orange fly could be dominant or recessive (in this case, the red fly has the dominant allele) and the ratio would still be 1:1.

Reaction score
could anyone answer my questions on the thread i just posted. I really wanna know if i got my answers right

Reaction score
there was a question in p1 asking which one of the 3 was reusable or something like that..what was the answer? energy?