• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Biology p6

Reaction score
Guys I have a few doubts with the following questions(Paper 62) and would like to know what you wrote as your answer as well:-
1) For the enzyme control, what did you write?
2) When you had to count the number of cells, what was your answer?
3) For the two differences between cell A and cell B, what were your answers?
4) Finally, for the last answer where you had to write two differences between sides X and Y of the lung, what did you write?

Reaction score
Guys I have a few doubts with the following questions(Paper 62) and would like to know what you wrote as your answer as well:-
1) For the enzyme control, what did you write?
2) When you had to count the number of cells, what was your answer?
3) For the two differences between cell A and cell B, what were your answers?
4) Finally, for the last answer where you had to write two differences between sides X and Y of the lung, what did you write?

1) Enzyme control can be denatured leaves, or using paper instead of leaves.
The controlled variable is the usage of same H2O2 conc and volume. Another controlled variable is the size of the dead leaves/paper should be same as that of the live leaf pieces used.

2) It seems as if any answer from 45-55 is acceptable.
3) Difference 1- In cell B the chromosomes are visible, and not visible in cell A
Difference 2- In cell B there is no nucleus, but there is nucleus in Cell A

4) 1- There is a tumour in Area Y. Like there was a ball of cells that seemed out of place
2- Uncontrolled division of epidermal cells. The epidermal cells were the darker coloured ones. There were too many of them.

Reaction score
Guys for the bio paper 62 measuring the length of cell C part, what was your magnification? Mine was 0.045