• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was biology p32 (no discussion)

How hard was biology p32 (No discussion)

• Total voters
Reaction score
Question 2 was great, not so much for question one .
Is asking about the time it took for the first experiment considered a discussion ?
I mean some of my class mates and I got times that were almost one minute more than the rest .

Reaction score
dilution part, wat ws ur guys total volume each time?
It had to be 20 every time, but then you take 10 for the next one so you're left up with 10 in each one except the 2.5% concentration which would be 20, but I assume that all the answers had to be 20 cm3 X% of C
By the way what was the time taken for the highest concentration ?

Reaction score
What trend did you get? My time increased as concentration decreased. And how many layers were there in that plan diagram?
The trend is correct, the plan diagram according to what I know should have had 3 layers, the root cap at the bottom, the area of mitosis aka meristem, then the area of elongation , I am not sure of the proportions at all. Correct me if I am wrong I am not a teacher, you know.

Reaction score
The trend is correct, the plan diagram according to what I know should have had 3 layers, the root cap at the bottom, the area of mitosis aka meristem, then the area of elongation , I am not sure of the proportions at all. Correct me if I am wrong I am not a teacher, you know.
Yeah I drew the same things. Just wanted to make sure because it was really hard to distinguish between the different cells, not like the usual CIE slides.

Reaction score
Yeah I drew the same things. Just wanted to make sure because it was really hard to distinguish between the different cells, not like the usual CIE slides.
I know, I couldn't see the limits of the region of mitosis without using the high power lens, and when I did so I couldn't see the right proportions because then it would show only cells and not the whole structure.

Reaction score
The values of the time are not important as long as it's following the trend which is increasing time with decreasing concentrations. Guys what did you write in the systematic error part?

Reaction score
The values of the time are not important as long as it's following the trend which is increasing time with decreasing concentrations. Guys what did you write in the systematic error part?
i chose to write about the thermometer and how it might not be calibrated correctly then i explained how this will not affect the results since the same thermometer is used throughout the experiment.
but there are many other things you can write about i think.

Reaction score
i chose to write about the thermometer and how it might not be calibrated correctly then i explained how this will not affect the results since the same thermometer is used throughout the experiment.
but there are many other things you can write about i think.
I wrote the same but my teacher told me it's the syringe