• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was bio p51?

How was p51?

• Easy

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Hard

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Okayish.

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Wasn't as lenghty or bad as I thought it would be.. finished it within half an hour and went through the paper =D
Alhamdulilah it went well. I'm guessing the grade threshold will be 21 for an A ..

Reaction score
I think I messed up the last two parts of Q2! (n)

hmm, question 2 was a bit confusing..
do you think they'r gonna accept that i finished my planning question on the next page..?
cuz if they dont i'm gonna lose at least 3 marks straight away..:( and i have a feeling the thresholds are gonna be high.

Reaction score
I had my exam yesterday at 3:30, it's almost 4:00 here now. So it's been 24 hours and 30 minutes.
I'd love to start discussing as soon as someone confirms its permission.

Reaction score
for the first question second part i wrote about serial dilution, and for the limitations i wrote that it would be hard to measure the volume of the brown area and that the brown and blue area might mix and something else, were as for the control in second question i wrote use anaerobic bacteria. what about u guys?

Reaction score
for the first question second part i wrote about serial dilution, and for the limitations i wrote that it would be hard to measure the volume of the brown area and that the brown and blue area might mix and something else, were as for the control in second question i wrote use anaerobic bacteria. what about u guys?

My limitations were-
  • If the conc. is as high as 3 mmol dm^-3 the brown areas may overlap. (I also improved this in the next part- suggesting each maize grain in an individual petri dish, and then calculate the mean area).
  • The areas were not perfectly circular, so difficult to measure area.
  • Something I can't remember.

Reaction score
My limitations were-
  • If the conc. is as high as 3 mmol dm^-3 the brown areas may overlap. (I also improved this in the next part suggesting each maize grain in an individual petri dish, and then calculate the mean area).
  • The areas were not perfectly circular, so difficult to measure area.
  • Something I can't remember.
i rote here narrow range of conc tested for activity as dey mentioned befor seeds uses 1-10 mmol^-3 conc (so in suggestion part i rote prepare conc of 1 to 10 and test by repeating the each experiment atleast thrice and take mean for more accuracy of the hypothesis)
2nd limitation i rote the seeds were maybe of not same mass
3rd same species of maize to be used
idk hw much ill gain here =S

Reaction score
i rote here narrow range of conc tested for activity as dey mentioned befor seeds uses 1-10 mmol^-3 conc (so in suggestion part i rote prepare conc of 1 to 10 and test by repeating the each experiment atleast thrice and take mean for more accuracy of the hypothesis)

They information mentioned seeds use 1-10 MICROmoles, not millimoles. o_O

Reaction score

They information mentioned seeds use 1-10 MICROmoles, not millimoles. o_O