• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was 9706_s17_qp_22?

Reaction score
It was interest paid added with interest of bank loan of 1 months worth I think, but I took a guess cause looked to easy for 17 marks.

Reaction score
Wasn't the debenture taken on 30th June, the same date of the income statement? Never mind, guess I got that wrong :p

Reaction score
I just took a guess, you are probably right, just in the heat of the moment it didn't seem to add upto 17 marks. Took a rash decision

Reaction score
I couldnt do proposal part as i didnt study for that income statement was easy and isnt finance cost debenture interest + interest paid
The paper was great, except for the part where we had to find out number of units to be produced for proposal A and proposal B. Surprised they included the entries for the income statement, was really unexpected (but great) How much did you get for the finance costs in that question?

Reaction score
It was not a nice round figure for both, they both had differet figures which had to be rounded to nearest Integer if I can remember the formula it was like this (selling price times unit sold) - calculated change in direct material - calculated labour cost per unit (units sold) -variable over heads - commission rate (selling price times unita sold)- New fixed costs after reduction of administrative staff- fixed selling costs= 20000 (Profit) and replace units sold with x and then solve mathematically, hope it helps.

Reaction score
It was not a nice round figure for both, they both had differet figures which had to be rounded to nearest Integer if I can remember the formula it was like this (selling price times unit sold) - calculated change in direct material - calculated labour cost per unit (units sold) -variable over heads - commission rate (selling price times unita sold)- New fixed costs after reduction of administrative staff- fixed selling costs= 20000 (Profit) and replace units sold with x and then solve mathematically, hope it helps.
the formula was (fixed +target profit/contribution)

Reaction score
That seems easier haha
I used this formula, but it got too confusing for me since there were so many calculations. But you do get marks for attempting, right?
I think many people had problems with this question, so the grade threshold should be low