• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how was 9700 paper 42

how was it

• easy

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • medium

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • hard

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
in my opinion the paper was ok
too many questions of natural selection
wat do u guys think abt todays paper?

Reaction score
it was fine...did u manage it all within time? I couldn't, missed a big question:(..coz some questions took too much time thinking for the answer

Reaction score
it was fine...did u manage it all within time? I couldn't, missed a big question:(..coz some questions took too much time thinking for the answer
yes alhamdulillah i was able to complete but im not sure if i wrote correct answers cuz till now i didnt discuss the paper with anyone:(

Reaction score
what did u write for why do scientists look for mRNA to investigate genes ?
well i wrote, while gene consits for coding of many proteins mrna only codes for the required protein so u dont have to use restriction enzyme for mrna like in the case of dna

Reaction score
does any one remember question number 1 part a ? plus if you get a reason wrong but then you get the other reason right in case of a 1 mark question. would we be marked 0 or 1 for the right answer?

Reaction score
does any one remember question number 1 part a ? plus if you get a reason wrong but then you get the other reason right in case of a 1 mark question. would we be marked 0 or 1 for the right answer?
I think question 1 part a was about naming the substances for which they had given some explanations (like pyruvate, oxaloacetate etc). and yes you will get 1 mark for the right answer, wrong answer will be ignored.
How was your rest of paper?

Reaction score
I think question 1 part a was about naming the substances for which they had given some explanations (like pyruvate, oxaloacetate etc). and yes you will get 1 mark for the right answer, wrong answer will be ignored.
How was your rest of paper?
it went good, but I found 1 question very tricky may be because of lack of time. but no I mean do you remember what did you write for each part in part a?

Reaction score
it went good, but I found 1 question very tricky may be because of lack of time. but no I mean do you remember what did you write for each part in part a?
i really dont remember I wrote the answers for what, but a bit is still in my memory :p like the four I wrote were pyruvate as the 3-carbon combound, ATP synthase, oxaloacetate and citrate...dunno right or wrong
did u manage it all within time? how much do u think you can score?
are u also taking Chem Paper 4, if yes how is preparation?:)

Reaction score
i really dont remember I wrote the answers for what, but a bit is still in my memory :p like the four I wrote were pyruvate as the 3-carbon combound, ATP synthase, oxaloacetate and citrate...dunno right or wrong
Lol wait, I think I messed with the first part :p oh my God im going to loose so many marks. because the paper needed some thinking and we were short of time so yeah alot of deduction on things that I knew. so I think somewhere 65 to 70 maybe that too if the marking is lenient or else I'm screwed . i remember it was atp for phosphorylated nucleotide that I got wrong . then pyruvate yes you are right. enzyme was atp synthase and co enzyme I wrote NAD which I think is right or we had to write multiple answers?

Reaction score
are u also taking Chem Paper 4, if yes how is preparation?:)
nope not chemistry at the moment :) so how much are you expecting to score in bio p4?