• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to write an essay (OLevel)

Reaction score
How are you supposed to make an outline? In what way do you write an essay? Help will be appreciated. Need all the points on how to make.a.perfect essay.

Reaction score
If you want to make a near perfect essay for the O Levels, and will choose a factual or descriptive one, make it as you'd do for an A Level essay. And if you will write a story, play on the introduction and conclusion.

Reaction score
I dont know how to make an a level essay. A little more detail will be appreciated.

Reaction score
I can help you as far as narratives are concerned.
Your main ingredient: your imagination
It might be hard to think up an excellent plot in the examination hall but think of some t.v show you recently saw or an artical which you read. Take inspiration from there and build on it.
That is where you outline and plan come in. Make quick short points, maybe even a phrase per paragraph so that you aren't spiraling out of control as far as the word limit is concerned. It also helps you stay focused and you aren't completely lost when your essay is about to end.
Your best tools here could be using various techniques such as one word or one line paragraphs which add a dramatic effect. Another favorite of mine is using flashbacks. They can help you score pretty high if handled correctly.
Your vocabulary should be impressive and by that i don't mean it should look as if you've swallowed a dictionary. Use effective descriptions of emotions and scenarios.
Dialogues can save you words as they can really help accelerate the pace of the story to a point which would have otherwise taken a whole paragraph.
Hope that helps :)

Reaction score
Well,whatt selgomez said is a good piece of info when it comes to writing narratives..well,other than that what i do is, manipulate stories,from movies,tv shows,any books you've read or even some video you've seen..all these can helpp ya come to an xcellent plott..all you have to do then is put them doen on paper....well,if you a musicc person,you can even mainipulate song lyrics... 4or a story on a fire i had manipulated the lyrics of the song A Great Fire bySilverstein...helped me score a decent 18/25..haha..and well,as for the descriptives,just go for the ones that are closer to what you've actually faced...might helpp you like A LOT! or if you're a person who's strong in imaginations,go on withh anything..just be careful not to drift into narrative like i alwayz do..and well,all in all,use standard Englishh and ipressive vocabb..and avoid slang words or phrases..it may bring your marks downn..

Reaction score
Well,whatt selgomez said is a good piece of info when it comes to writing narratives..well,other than that what i do is, manipulate stories,from movies,tv shows,any books you've read or even some video you've seen..all these can helpp ya come to an xcellent plott..all you have to do then is put them doen on paper....well,if you a musicc person,you can even mainipulate song lyrics... For a story on a fire i had manipulated the lyrics of the song A Great Fire by Silverstein...helped me score a decent 18/25..haha..and well,as for the descriptives,just go for the ones that are closer to what you've actually faced...might helpp you like A LOT! or if you're a person who's strong in imaginations,go on withh anything..just be careful not to drift into narrative like i alwayz do..and well,all in all,use standard Englishh and impressive vocabb..and avoid slang words or phrases..it may bring your marks downn..

Reaction score
just make a google search, there have lots of essay writing tips are available...or i will give you something in few days...you can look for any online libraries to know more about the essay tips...now i'm searching for the hotels in delhi to visit india. I think i will get a good hotel for cheap rate.

Last edited: