• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

how to score good marks in Islamiat

Reaction score
sir i didn't find any evidence of at least 5 references, what i understand with the description of level 4 is that multiple references are to be quoted to support the points made where appropriate.
YES TRUE MULTIPLE REFERENCES MEANS MORE THAN 3..... WE HAVE CHECKED THE PAPERS WITH NO REFERENCE'S, 2 TO 3 REFERENCES 4 REFERENCES WITH LITTLE KNOWLEDGE FALL IN LEVEL 2 TO 3

Reaction score
sir i didn't find any evidence of at least 5 references, what i understand with the description of level 4 is that multiple references are to be quoted to support the points made where appropriate.
REMEMBER ALWAYS WRITE THE ANSWER FOR THE EXAMINER THAT INSPIRES HIM/HER, ANT FOR YOURSELF

Reaction score
YES TRUE MULTIPLE REFERENCES MEANS MORE THAN 3..... WE HAVE CHECKED THE PAPERS WITH NO REFERENCE'S, 2 TO 3 REFERENCES 4 REFERENCES WITH LITTLE KNOWLEDGE FALL IN LEVEL 2 TO 3
sir is it convenient for you if i message you here a few answers to check? I seriously want someone to accurately evaluate me and let me know my weakness and strengths so i may cover them before exam.

Reaction score
Also does it mean that If we express high knowledge with 3-4 refernces we can score in level 4?

Reaction score
can u plz tel me that whther it is important to learn shia hadith compilation? any question possible?
also help me with this question:
q. Describe Prophet's experience of revelation after first revelation. (10)

Reaction score
His conquest
administration
Compilation
and problems
Question: Briefly describe the main events of the caliphate of Usman? [10]
Answer: Uthman was the third caliph. He continued the policy of expanding the Islamic territories. He expanded the state towards the east and in the Mediterranean and crushed many rebellions. During the early years, the process of expansion of the Empire continued. The army moved in all directions and for the first time in Islamic History, utilized naval power. During his caliphate, for the first time a fleet of nearly 500 ships was built to fight with the Greeks on the Mediterranean Sea. His earliest focus was the Persian Empire in the East. Khurasan, Merv, Tus, Sarakhs and the then Khawarzim were captured in 650 AD. This bought 40,000 captives and rich booty to Medina. Towards the West, the Byzantines forces were defeated and Cyprus was conquered in 649 AD. In North America, Libya, Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia were conquered by the middle of the 7th century.
In 651 AD, the standardization of the Quran on the basis of Mushaf-e-Hafsa was done. Recitation on the model of only this copy was allowed and the rest burnt. Official copies dispatched to all provincial capitals. Two of the original manuscripts of his time exist even today Continued to improve on the administrative network laid down by the previous Caliphs. Regrouped some of the provinces and created new provinces for the newly conquered territories. Majlis-e-Shoora or council of consultation was maintained. Held periodic conference of the district authorities in order to keep him informed of the conditions of the country Used to hear public complaints after Friday prayers. He allowed Arabs to acquire agricultural lands in the conquered territories. Expanded the Prophet’s mosque and constructed new mosques, inns, border outposts etc.
He made arrangements for the supply of drinking water for travellers by digging wells by the sides of roads and highways, a dam was built to protect Medina from floods Raised the salaries of the officers and the armed forces. Increased the allowances paid to people by 25% is said to have sent religious teachers to India to spread Islam. During the last years of his Caliphate, he faced serious difficulties that eventually led to his martyrdom in 35 AH. He was a very gentle and soft hearted person. The people who wanted to create chaos among Muslims took advantage of his soft nature. Umar was a very strict administrator and the machinery of the government worked smoothly in his time. Usman used to overlook the minor faults of the appointed Amils, provincial heads as well as the new converts. They took advantage of his leniency and rebelled against him. Abdullah bin Saba, a Yemenite Jew who outwardly accepted Islam, embarked on a subtle campaign of creating dissension (conflict) among the Muslims. He and his followers established their headquarters in Egypt and began to circulate forged letters that complaints against the Caliph, his governors and other state officials. Efforts were made to highlight the long forgotten rivalry between Banu Hashim and Banu Umayya. Usman did not take timely action against him. Even some of the noblest actions of his were misprojected before the public; for example, the standardization of the Quran and the expansion of the compound of the Kaabah. That uprisings in Iraq, Kufa and Egypt finally in 35 AH troops from all three provinces arrived at Medina to take their complaints directly to the Caliph. Usman had pacified them and they were on their way home when they got a hold of a letter supposedly from ‘Usman to the Governor of Egypt to have the leaders of the group put to death on their return. Seeking vengeance they returned and killed him. One of the main allegations against him was that he had appointed his inefficient relatives as governors. There were 12 provinces in the country and he appointed his relatives in 4: Egypt, Syria, Kufa and Basra. All the governors appointed by him were people of great caliber. AmeerMuaviya, a relative of his was appointed by Umar as the governor of Syria and Usman let him continue his job because he was doing it well. Abdullah bin Saad, his foster brother, was appointed governor of Egypt also by Umar. Usman appointed Saad bin Abi Waqqas as governor of Kufa. When he was unable to control the situation there, he was replaced by Waleed bin Uqba (Usman’s foster brother) who proved his worth. Abu Musa Ashari was deposed at the demand of people of Basra, was replaced by Abdullah bin Amir (Usman’s cousin) according to the wishes of the people. He proved very successful Thus none of the governors appointed by him proved a failure. It was also alleged that he was too lenient and did not keep a check on his governors.
He, unlike Umar, gave the governors a free hand in running the provinces and did not interfere in there day to day affairs. His burning of the Quran was seen by some as destroying God’s Word. This was done after consultation with the other companions and it was a great service that he rendered to Islam. He gave convincing reply to each of the charges in the presence of the Prophet’s companions. His explanation was accepted. The rebels however struck to one point—their demand to depose the Caliph. To achieve this end, finally in 35 A.H troops from Egypt, Kufa and Basra marched to Medina and encamped outside the capital. Usman had pacified them and they were on their way home when they got hold of a letter supposedly from ‘Usman to the governor of Egypt to have the leaders of the group put to death on their return. Seeking vengeance they returned and killed him.

Reaction score
can u plz tel me that whther it is important to learn shia hadith compilation? any question possible?
also help me with this question:
q. Describe Prophet's experience of revelation after first revelation. (10)
not shia compilation but comparison with our six books
Dear its the same answer as of experince of receiving first revelation , we just play with the words nothing else n u have to understand the question and answer it as per opening statement according to question

Reaction score
not shia compilation but comparison with our six books
Dear its the same answer as of experince of receiving first revelation , we just play with the words nothing else n u have to understand the question and answer it as per opening statement according to question
can we include the naration of some events on which revelations were recieved i.e. Surah Mudassir, Surah Fatiha etc. ?

Reaction score
no! get the marking scheme n c what is in it
can we include the naration of some events on which revelations were recieved i.e. Surah Mudassir, Surah Fatiha etc. ?
Answer: When the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) reached the age of 40, he used to spend long hours in retirement and speculating on all aspects of Allah's creation around him. He was in search of truth as he was not satisfied with the religious beliefs, habits and culture of his people. He spent weeks and months in the Cave of Mount Hira known as Cave of Hira which is three kilometers from Makkah, always praying and meditating in the Cave of Hira.
At last one night on Monday, in Ramzan 610 A.D, the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was praying and meditating. He suddenly felt a presence of a being in the form of a man [it was Angel Jibrael (A.S). He came close to the Prophet (S.A.W) Jibrael (A.S) asked the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) to recite. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) replied I can’t recite, the Angel seized and squeezed him and then released him, the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) himself narrated the experience as, ‘’ He (Jibrael (A.S) seized me and squeezed me to such an extent that I was exhausted ‘’ (Sahih Bukhari)
This was repeated three times as the Angel said ‘recite’ and the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) refused by saying I cannot read and after third time Jibrael (A.S) recited the verses ‘’
Recite in the name of thy Lord, Who created man from congealed blood. Recite, and thy Lord is most bounteous, who taught man by the pen. He taught men which he knew not. ‘’ (96:1-5).
The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) repeated these divine verses after Jibrael (A.S). These first divine verses of Surah Alaq were printed on the heart and mind of Holy Prophet (S.A.W). The holy Prophet (S.A.W) was greatly shaken by this strange experience as he was trembling with fear. At this stage he ran out of the cave of Hira in confusion and suddenly he looked back when he heard a voice above him saying ‘’ O Muhammad (S.A.W) you are the last messenger of Allah, and I am Jibrael ‘’ (Sahih Bukhari). The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) (S.A.W) Jibrael (A.S) in his true angelic form filling the whole horizon with his wings. The holy Prophet (S.A.W) got more terrified and rushed back home to his wife Hazrat Bibi Khadija (R.A) and said ‘’ Cover me ……….. Cover me ‘’.
She covered him until he restored security. He told Hazrat Khadija (R.A) about the incident of the cave and the actions of Jibrael a.s and added that he was horrifying. Hazrat Khadija (R.A) comforted him, and reassured him saying: ‘’ you have never done any wrong to anyone, you are kind to others and you help the poor and the orphans. Allah will not let you down ‘’ (Sahih Al-Bukhari). Khadija (R.A) then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while and this pausing of revelation is called Fatra tul Wahi. (Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 1: Hadith 3).

Reaction score
Answer: When the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) reached the age of 40, he used to spend long hours in retirement and speculating on all aspects of Allah's creation around him. He was in search of truth as he was not satisfied with the religious beliefs, habits and culture of his people. He spent weeks and months in the Cave of Mount Hira known as Cave of Hira which is three kilometers from Makkah, always praying and meditating in the Cave of Hira.
At last one night on Monday, in Ramzan 610 A.D, the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) was praying and meditating. He suddenly felt a presence of a being in the form of a man [it was Angel Jibrael (A.S). He came close to the Prophet (S.A.W) Jibrael (A.S) asked the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) to recite. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) replied I can’t recite, the Angel seized and squeezed him and then released him, the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) himself narrated the experience as, ‘’ He (Jibrael (A.S) seized me and squeezed me to such an extent that I was exhausted ‘’ (Sahih Bukhari)
This was repeated three times as the Angel said ‘recite’ and the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) refused by saying I cannot read and after third time Jibrael (A.S) recited the verses ‘’
Recite in the name of thy Lord, Who created man from congealed blood. Recite, and thy Lord is most bounteous, who taught man by the pen. He taught men which he knew not. ‘’ (96:1-5).
The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) repeated these divine verses after Jibrael (A.S). These first divine verses of Surah Alaq were printed on the heart and mind of Holy Prophet (S.A.W). The holy Prophet (S.A.W) was greatly shaken by this strange experience as he was trembling with fear. At this stage he ran out of the cave of Hira in confusion and suddenly he looked back when he heard a voice above him saying ‘’ O Muhammad (S.A.W) you are the last messenger of Allah, and I am Jibrael ‘’ (Sahih Bukhari). The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) (S.A.W) Jibrael (A.S) in his true angelic form filling the whole horizon with his wings. The holy Prophet (S.A.W) got more terrified and rushed back home to his wife Hazrat Bibi Khadija (R.A) and said ‘’ Cover me ……….. Cover me ‘’.
She covered him until he restored security. He told Hazrat Khadija (R.A) about the incident of the cave and the actions of Jibrael a.s and added that he was horrifying. Hazrat Khadija (R.A) comforted him, and reassured him saying: ‘’ you have never done any wrong to anyone, you are kind to others and you help the poor and the orphans. Allah will not let you down ‘’ (Sahih Al-Bukhari). Khadija (R.A) then accompanied him to her cousin Waraqa bin Naufal bin Asad bin 'Abdul 'Uzza, who, during the PreIslamic Period became a Christian Khadija said to Waraqa, "Listen to the story of your nephew, O my cousin!" Waraqa asked, "O my nephew! What have you seen?" Allah's Apostle described whatever he had seen. Waraqa said, "This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out." Allah's Apostle asked, "Will they drive me out?" Waraqa replied in the affirmative and said, "Anyone (man) who came with something similar to what you have brought was treated with hostility; and if I should remain alive till the day when you will be turned out then I would support you strongly." But after a few days Waraqa died and the Divine Inspiration was also paused for a while and this pausing of revelation is called Fatra tul Wahi. (Bukhari: Book 1: Volume 1: Hadith 3).
sir i have seen the marking scheme (nov 2012) n it clearly states that candidates must not discuss the first revelation in detail (a brief narration is fine) instead the ways in which revelation were brought has to be written. also add the feelings of Prophet while recieving revelations and give examples of circumstances when revelations were sent. However, the answer u just posted will be helpful for me while answering about first revelation. Thanks.

Reaction score
sir i have seen the marking scheme (nov 2012) n it clearly states that candidates must not discuss the first revelation in detail (a brief narration is fine) instead the ways in which revelation were brought has to be written. also add the feelings of Prophet while recieving revelations and give examples of circumstances when revelations were sent. However, the answer u just posted will be helpful for me while answering about first revelation. Thanks.
thats correct dear the question was about the methods of revelation.....now read this answer
Answer:Essential to learning the history of the Quran is the study of the stages of its revelation, which is usually referred to by the term "'Tanzeel' of the Quran", literally, the descent or the 'sending down' of the Quran from the Heavens to the Earth.The Quran was brought by Jibreel from the Preserved Tablet (in the Seventh Heaven) down to the First Heaven (sky) and placed in the 'Place of Power or Honor'. First, the Quran mentions the Preserved Tablets in the verse (which means): "Nay! This is a Glorious Quran, inscribed in a Preserved Tablet" [85:21-22] then it tells of the fact that it was sent down during a specific night, in the verse (which means):"We have indeed sent down this during the Night of Power." [Quran 97:1].
They Quran is the literal word of Allah which was revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the time span of 23 years, Allah Almighty Says about the Holy Quran (what means): " (It is) a Quran which We have divided (into parts from time to time), in order that thou (O Muhammad) might recite it to people at intervals: We have revealed it by stages (in 23 years)." [Quran 17:106]. In Arabic ‘wahi’ means the spontaneous message made known through divine inspiration. The Prophet (S.A.W) received revelations through different modes through angel Jibrael (A.S). The surahs (chapters) revealed in Makkah are generally brief but powerful they deal with Tawheed (oneness of Allah) , Prophet Hood, the Hereafter etc, whereas the surahs revealed in Madinah are long and detailed with a bit softness in tone. They deal with the laws covering all the aspects of human life including Jihad.
The Holy Quran was not revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) all at once but sporadically with the different types of revelation like in 610 A.D in the cave of Hira when the Archangel Jibrael (A.S) delivered the first revelation to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the form of man. This was the most common way of receiving revelation. The Prophet (S.A.W) himself narrates the experience: “He seized me and squeezed me to such an extent that I was exhausted” (Sahih Bukhari). The angel repeated the action thrice and for the third time he said: “Recite, in the name of thy Lord who created. Created man with a clot of congealed blood, Recite and your Lord is most bountiful. Who has taught the use of pen and taught man that which he knew not” (96:1-5) .This is the form of receiving revelation directly into the heart of Prophet (S.A.W). Another form is through angel Jibrael (A.S) in his true angelic form. According to Hazrat Abdullah ibne Masood the Prophet (S.A.W) said: “When I (S.A.W) angel Jibrael (A.S) he had 316 wings covering the entire east and the west” (Sahih Bukhari). Sometimes the revelation would disclose upon the ringing of the bell. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) once narrated to Hazrat Bibi Ayesha (R.A): “Sometimes revelation comes to after a bell ringing and that is a heavy time for me” (Sahih Bukhari) This was the most difficult of the forms of revelation for the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) to bear, if he was mounted on a camel and received such kind of revelation, his companions and the animal he was riding could feel the bodily change and the weight of his body. Sometimes the Prophet (S.A.W) would receive the revelation through dreams which would come true the next morning. For example the events of the battle of Uhud were seen by the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) the day before it took place. The Prophet (S.A.W) only for once directly received the revelation from Allah in the ascension. The messenger of Allah received the revelation about the obligatory five daily prayers in this form. It is interesting to know how the differing methods of communication which started from 610 A.D reached their climatic end in 632 A.D at the mount Arafat where Allah revealed the last verses of the Holy Quran during the last sermon: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed may favours upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (5:3)

Reaction score
YOU WILL SCORE DEAR DEFINITELY COZ YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE QUESTION N TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY, THE WAY YOU CHECKED THE MARKING SCHEME AND FIND OUT THAT THE ABOVE ANSWER IS NOT WHAT EXAMINER WANTED, ITS THE METHODS AND EXPERIENCE OF REVELATION...... EXCELLENT MASTER MIND

Reaction score
YOU WILL SCORE DEAR DEFINITELY COZ YOU CONCENTRATE ON THE QUESTION N TRY TO UNDERSTAND IT TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY, THE WAY YOU CHECKED THE MARKING SCHEME AND FIND OUT THAT THE ABOVE ANSWER IS NOT WHAT EXAMINER WANTED, ITS THE METHODS AND EXPERIENCE OF REVELATION...... EXCELLENT MASTER MIND
thats correct dear the question was about the methods of revelation.....now read this answer
Answer:Essential to learning the history of the Quran is the study of the stages of its revelation, which is usually referred to by the term "'Tanzeel' of the Quran", literally, the descent or the 'sending down' of the Quran from the Heavens to the Earth.The Quran was brought by Jibreel from the Preserved Tablet (in the Seventh Heaven) down to the First Heaven (sky) and placed in the 'Place of Power or Honor'. First, the Quran mentions the Preserved Tablets in the verse (which means): "Nay! This is a Glorious Quran, inscribed in a Preserved Tablet" [85:21-22] then it tells of the fact that it was sent down during a specific night, in the verse (which means):"We have indeed sent down this during the Night of Power." [Quran 97:1].
They Quran is the literal word of Allah which was revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the time span of 23 years, Allah Almighty Says about the Holy Quran (what means): " (It is) a Quran which We have divided (into parts from time to time), in order that thou (O Muhammad) might recite it to people at intervals: We have revealed it by stages (in 23 years)." [Quran 17:106]. In Arabic ‘wahi’ means the spontaneous message made known through divine inspiration. The Prophet (S.A.W) received revelations through different modes through angel Jibrael (A.S). The surahs (chapters) revealed in Makkah are generally brief but powerful they deal with Tawheed (oneness of Allah) , Prophet Hood, the Hereafter etc, whereas the surahs revealed in Madinah are long and detailed with a bit softness in tone. They deal with the laws covering all the aspects of human life including Jihad.
The Holy Quran was not revealed to the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) all at once but sporadically with the different types of revelation like in 610 A.D in the cave of Hira when the Archangel Jibrael (A.S) delivered the first revelation to Holy Prophet (S.A.W) in the form of man. This was the most common way of receiving revelation. The Prophet (S.A.W) himself narrates the experience: “He seized me and squeezed me to such an extent that I was exhausted” (Sahih Bukhari). The angel repeated the action thrice and for the third time he said: “Recite, in the name of thy Lord who created. Created man with a clot of congealed blood, Recite and your Lord is most bountiful. Who has taught the use of pen and taught man that which he knew not” (96:1-5) .This is the form of receiving revelation directly into the heart of Prophet (S.A.W). Another form is through angel Jibrael (A.S) in his true angelic form. According to Hazrat Abdullah ibne Masood the Prophet (S.A.W) said: “When I (S.A.W) angel Jibrael (A.S) he had 316 wings covering the entire east and the west” (Sahih Bukhari). Sometimes the revelation would disclose upon the ringing of the bell. The Holy Prophet (S.A.W) once narrated to Hazrat Bibi Ayesha (R.A): “Sometimes revelation comes to after a bell ringing and that is a heavy time for me” (Sahih Bukhari) This was the most difficult of the forms of revelation for the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) to bear, if he was mounted on a camel and received such kind of revelation, his companions and the animal he was riding could feel the bodily change and the weight of his body. Sometimes the Prophet (S.A.W) would receive the revelation through dreams which would come true the next morning. For example the events of the battle of Uhud were seen by the Holy Prophet (S.A.W) the day before it took place. The Prophet (S.A.W) only for once directly received the revelation from Allah in the ascension. The messenger of Allah received the revelation about the obligatory five daily prayers in this form. It is interesting to know how the differing methods of communication which started from 610 A.D reached their climatic end in 632 A.D at the mount Arafat where Allah revealed the last verses of the Holy Quran during the last sermon: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed may favours upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (5:3)
thanx alot :) just need ur prayers