• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How to prepare for Computer studies?

Reaction score
Hey guys, i need help regarding this subject like how to start preparing for it? As most of the questions which come in this paper are IQ questions. So please those who can kindly guide me with it. :)

Reaction score
Well I can help u out, but can u tell me ur subject code?? I wanna know cause ive taken 0417 and 0420. (there diff btw)

Reaction score
subject code 0417 is Information and Communication Technology, while code no. 0420 is Computer studies. Information and communication technology(0417) is more practical while Computer studies(0420) is completely theoretical.
I can help u in both of the subjects.

Reaction score
Hey guys, i need help regarding this subject like how to start preparing for it? As most of the questions which come in this paper are IQ questions. So please those who can kindly guide me with it. :)
Ur talking about computer studies 7010 right :)
Now for that Just go through the notes provided by your teacher and those booklets; go through them throughly.
Then buy Unsolved past papers for 20 years. And then solve them regularly.
Special consideration should be given to:
  • Logic Gates
  • Truth Tables
  • Trace Tables
  • Flow chart
  • Check digits
  • Pseudocodes.

Reaction score
If you computer studies is course 7010, I have no idea what examination board you are doing, but anyways, I would always suggest you to see past papers, and if you have a book for the subject, see what parts you are not comfortable with, and try to solve them one at a time. I believe that the subject at IGCSE level is not too hard since I am doing the AS computing at the moment without having done the IGCSE last year, and I am achieving relatively good grades (80%+)

Reaction score
If you computer studies is course 7010, I have no idea what examination board you are doing, but anyways, I would always suggest you to see past papers, and if you have a book for the subject, see what parts you are not comfortable with, and try to solve them one at a time. I believe that the subject at IGCSE level is not too hard since I am doing the AS computing at the moment without having done the IGCSE last year, and I am achieving relatively good grades (80%+)
Its GCE board for CIE.
We do not have a good book for computer studies however those book lets of Xtreme papers are good way of learning. And yes, I must say that past papers are indeed the best way to practice. Go through them, solve them and if your stuck at any point them please post the questions here.

Reaction score
Its GCE board for CIE.
We do not have a good book for computer studies however those book lets of Xtreme papers are good way of learning. And yes, I must say that past papers are indeed the best way to practice. Go through them, solve them and if your stuck at any point them please post the questions here.
whats the difference betveen the boards, i mean i saw the papers of 7010 and then matched it wid 0420 and 0417 papers and i found out dat they are almost same!!!

Reaction score
Its GCE board for CIE.

There is a book for Computer Studies, it was published recently in mid-2011 by CIE. It is much better than the earlier version since this version does not include the ICT syllabus also. There is a separate book for ICT. The ISBN no. for the Computer Studies book is 9780521170635. I couldn't find it here where I live because they kept saying it'll come in a few months' time, so I got it through Amazon.com.

Reaction score
Is computer studies(0420) subject can also be opted for O'levels.?

Reaction score
Hey all .. am new teacher for ICT .. and i want to find any projects any advices for me as teacher to attract the students cause some of them doesnt found the ICT important like the other subjects .. thanks ..

Reaction score
Computer project sample (olevel)
www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/computer-studies.6945
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/o-level-computer-project.18312/

Computer Olevel Notes
http://www.xtremepapers.com/community/threads/computer-studies-definitions.12150/

hope this helps :)

Reaction score
Hey all .. am new teacher for ICT .. and i want to find any projects any advices for me as teacher to attract the students cause some of them doesnt found the ICT important like the other subjects .. thanks ..
get on the computer and play cod.

Or instead show them the world of computer hacking and installing viruses to garner the students interest with a few *practical* examples as well

Reaction score
Well i am studying IGCSE computer studies.....so i am following the cambridge IGCSE Computer Studies Coursebook...it is aslo endorsed by the cambrige university!!
heres the cover photo..
9780521170635.jpg

Reaction score
comp.jpgguys i have this 1 .....i dont know whether its has every thing and is it gud??..and laso the topics r very precise in it???

Reaction score
I don't know about GCSE, but I have just finished my GCE Advanced Level (A-level) Computing, and I had this book. I found it decent even though there were some minor mistakes as it is a first edition (2012), but I like the way it follows the syllabus point by point in almost exact order. Everything is titled with a name + section from syllabus.
6c9434876679cb2d35ae3f75c68480dd.jpeg