• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How many significant figures do we give for values in chemistry?????

Reaction score
hey guys! help me out im really confused how many significant figures to give in the values.Sometime 2 sig fig are given and sometime 3 or 4 significant figures. Please somebdy help me

Reaction score
Dude its simple, in this question give the moles to 1 significant figure.

a(i) 12/ 44 x 1.32= 0.36g
0.36/12= 0.03 moles
(ii) 0.06/1= 0.06 g
=0.06 moles
There you go I even solved the moles part for you :p

Reaction score
read the question very carefully in this regard and take note if all the values given in question paper are according to some particular sig. figure or not. If yes, then u have to give answers according to THAT particular number of sig. figures.
If not, then u can give ur answer correct to 2 or 3 sig. figure, but i'd suggest to keep it to 2.

Reaction score
ok man!
read the question very carefully in this regard and take note if all the values given in question paper are according to some particular sig. figure or not. If yes, then u have to give answers according to THAT particular number of sig. figures.
If not, then u can give ur answer correct to 2 or 3 sig. figure, but i'd suggest to keep it to 2.
okay man now can u tell me how to draw 3d structures of hydrocarbons ?

Reaction score
Any method of knowing which bond will go out of the surface and which bond will go into the surface?