• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How is your preperation for Chem Unit 2 ???

Reaction score
Group one elements are always (+1)

Oxygen is generally (-2) And thus, Carbon in K2CO3 is (+4)

Carbon in CO2 is (+4) and Oxygen is (-2)

Hydrogen in H20 is (+1) and Oxygen is (-2)

In KHCO3, as K is (+1) and O is (-2), hydrogen is (+1) and thus carbon is again (+4)

I don't really get it :p
oh ya thts it =p =p ! theres no redox in here thts why =p
haha thank you loads man !

Reaction score
ugh m reall sorry botherin u allot !
but why is it not strong enough ? is it related to the electronegativity of it ? =$

yea its true for water , but the electronegativity of HF is higher ??

Hydrogen bonds are the strongest intermolecular forces.

In comparison to bromine, Chlorine is the stronger oxidising agent, which can be deduced from the converse of it being the weaker reducing agent, this means that it is less likely to give up its electrons and return into chlorine molecules :)

Reaction score
Hydrogen bonds are the strongest intermolecular forces.

In comparison to bromine, Chlorine is the stronger oxidising agent, which can be deduced from the converse of it being the weaker reducing agent, this means that it is less likely to give up its electrons and return into chlorine molecules :)
oh thank you so much =p

Reaction score
Why does the Hydrogen Bond in H2O is 180 degrees?
The answer is just to Maximize Separations and Minimize Repulsions?

Reaction score
1 iodo butane or 1 chlorobutane has a higher bp n why ? someone plzz =S

Reaction score
Minimum seperation, maximum replusion I think.

Not sure though :/
hmmm i think the inter molecular hydrogen bond is always 180 for no reason ?=S do we really need to know a reason for that >??

Reaction score
why does a decrease in pressure would decrease the rate of a rxn ??

A decrease in pressure, means there are a smaller number of particles per unit volume, and this then means that the rate and amount of collisions that are successful is slower, and thus the reaction slows down.

Reaction score
when do we use london n when do we use induced dipole ? i always thought there the same =$ shit !!!

Reaction score
When thinking about reason, it's usually because of maximum repulsion, which results in the value being the minimum separation.
max repulsion min seperation ! thank you ! =) but shouldnt it b minimum repulsion , coz you know hydrogen bonds form bet partially -vely n positively atoms ?
mmm..

Reaction score
max repulsion min seperation ! thank you ! =) but shouldnt it b minimum repulsion , coz you know hydrogen bonds form bet partially -vely n positively atoms ?
mmm..

Hmm. Whoa, oops, I got them the wrong way round, yeah you're totally right :)