• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How is your preperation for Chem Unit 2 ???

Reaction score
My exam is tomorrow and i am really worried about it :/

Just read through notes and solve papers, and hopefully everything will be okay.
You can only do your best with the limited papers we have :p

Reaction score
ppl is C-H bond polar C-Cl and C-Br are they polar?? and how do u know whether thay are polar or not ? why H2O has a higher melting point than NH3?? thanx in advance

Reaction score
H20 makes two hydrogen bonds, while NH3 makes only one, so stronger hydrogen bonds in water need high energy to overcome

Reaction score
ppl is C-H bond polar C-Cl and C-Br are they polar?? and how do u know whether thay are polar or not ? why H2O has a higher melting point than NH3?? thanx in advance
All these C-H, C-Cl and C-Br are polar bonds.
A compound is considered polar if the vector sum of its constituent covalent bonds is realatively large. Normally, one would say one compound is more polar than another compound by comparing their respective vector sums. In the case of CBr4, each bond is polar, but the vector sum of the 4 dipoles is zero. Any compound whose vector sum is zero is non-polar.The polarity of a compound also depends on the electonegaitvity differences.

Reaction score
Der was dis notes i found ovr here in one of da threads.....des notes r very useful.

Reaction score
I hav a question...
Why do we used Sulphuric acid with potassium dichromate to oxidize alcohols??

Reaction score
Speaking of equations!
The exam is hours away, and I DON'T KNOW TILL NOW , HOW TO BALANCE AN IONIC EQUATION :(