• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did your Biology Paper 12 go?

What did you think of Biology Paper 12?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Cellulose was all 3....doesn't glycerol also help in making the bilayer? I mean its an essential component of a phospholipid

Reaction score
If I got 42 in paper 2 and 30 in paper 1, can I still score a?
Highest overall threshold is around 95/130, so 42+30=72. You need to get more than 30 in p3 for a confirmed A as they convert your p3 marks to out of 30. But last year the threshold was at 82 so you still have a chance if your p3 is not that good.

Reaction score
For the lipid bilayer one, I only put 2. I'm sure the membrane only depends on the hydrophobic tails. I also chose Emphysema and lung cancer, made the most sense. I chose A for the membrane one, not sure why haha. And what did you choose for that cellulose question?

I chose A which was all the statements

Reaction score
I hope the grade boundary isnt too unforgiving. 4-5 were confusing :(
What was the answer to the first question btw? The magnification-resolution thing? I gave ×400, cause it seemed right, images get blurrier when magnifications increases right? Im so confused.
and is ×1500 possible with a LM?
i did D and after paper i checked it in campbell biology, there was a statement: image becomes increasingly blurry when u increase the magnification of a light microscope...

Reaction score
Possibly, but I just thought it was too obvious a choice. I asked some others at my centre and quite a few put A as the answer. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
i talked about this question with my teacher and there's 90% chance of option D being correct...
Hmmm :(
Wat about the cellulose question wat was it ?
The choices were coils into double helix has hydrogen bonds and is insoluble
Thts all tht i remember.

zem

Reaction score
What was the answer for that prokaryote mitochondria and chlorophyll one?