• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did y find the chemistry p42

Reaction score
Yeah it was difficult ........ i was really clueless about the NMR ...... anyone answered that question?

Reaction score
by the way 42 wan soooooooo easy!!!!!nava had an easy paper like that!!!wai wai hhahhahahha.....I thnk threshold will be above 75 for A

Reaction score
i could work out the paper...but didn't hve tym to revise...what was the percentage of M:M+1 in the ques on NMR...?

Reaction score
i have got 3 carbon .. may be if was propan 1 ol or propan 2 ol ... nothing about the past papers, i was waiting for partition coefficient, green chemistry mrna trna etc....but nothing

Reaction score
yeah there were 3 carbons ....... but the thing is that there was a peak showing 7 partitions ..... that means that there was a carbon surrounded by 6 hydrogens .......

Reaction score
i got propan 2 ol...i got an H having 6 neighbouring H atoms..but the chemical shifts didn't match..

Reaction score
well yea it was 3 carbon...and there were 6 hydrogen in total...apart from oh for me...it was easy but kinda long

Reaction score
wot about the transition element question? SnO2,PbO
and the first question in section b about amino acids...-COOH..How is it effected

Reaction score
well somayya...u may be rite...the nmr showed weird peaks and tym was runnin out..i guessed...looks like there was a c=o in tht??i dont know...wot did guys write for the sub atomic particles of namr and x ray

Reaction score
for the second NMR spectrum i got CH3COCH3...for NMR,i wrote H atom and electron density cloud for X Ray...wat was ze ques for the COOh..?

Reaction score
i wrote that ionic bonds can no longer form becoz the carboxylic group cannot ionise...thus tertiary structure is affected...

Reaction score
z paper was tooooooooooo goooooood!!!!!
neva seen such an easyyyyyyy paper!!
thnk threshold wud b above 75marks for an A

Reaction score
u call that easy? :s
organic part was easy.. Q1 n Q2?? :O i messed with em
the applicaions were the only part i did'nt study. nmr n that metals shit :s