• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did Physics P2 go?

Reaction score
it was for only 1 or 2 marks anyways so dw dude. As long as the rest of your answers are matching

Can someone please tell me how TF was that k = EA/l question for only 4 freaking marks? All of the unit conversions were kinda confusing. Answer was 1 point something tera units.
Are you talking about the young modulus question? Everyone I know got 0.13TPa for that one.

Reaction score
Are you talking about the young modulus question? Everyone I know got 0.13TPa for that one.
oh yeah yeah youre right. The 1. something ans I got was before I converted it to Tera, my answer was something along 0.13 too

btw, tell me, in that waves fringe seperation question. Did you first divide the total distance by 16 (16 was the number of fringes) and then multiply that by 2 to put it into lambda/a = x/D?

Reaction score
oh yeah yeah youre right. The 1. something ans I got was before I converted it to Tera, my answer was something along 0.13 too

btw, tell me, in that waves fringe seperation question. Did you first divide the total distance by 16 (16 was the number of fringes) and then multiply that by 2 to put it into lambda/a = x/D?
The fringe separatiom can be from dark to dark fringe or from light to light. If you counted from dark to dark fringe from one end to the other in the diagram youd find that 16 fringe separations= 36mm. So I just divided it by 16 instead of multiplying it by 2

Reaction score
The fringe separatiom can be from dark to dark fringe or from light to light. If you counted from dark to dark fringe from one end to the other in the diagram youd find that 16 fringe separations= 36mm. So I just divided it by 16 instead of multiplying it by 2
So what was your final answer?

Reaction score
And also like for the question after finding the resistance thingy, wt was the p.d?? I got 0.036. I messed up I did 1.5 - 1.464 or smth like tht

Reaction score
Wait 500 Hz for frequency was correct right?? And how abt the p.d thing? Coz like I forgot the question

Reaction score
Yup 500hz was correct... For PD we had to find loss voltages by Ir and subtracting.it from 1.5 then

Reaction score
Constructive interference because waves are in phase (path diff nlambda) at P so the displacements of D1 and D2 add to give the resultant displacement.
I think two identical waves 180 degrees out of phase will completely cancel each other out and destructive interference occurs, no?
that's what I wrote. Plus the first one, with zero phase difference was the zero order maximab?. Correct me if I'm wrong.