• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How did Chem Paper 33 went???

Reaction score
how was the exam guys??
i think it was an easy paper
and my paper went all good!!

what about yours?

Reaction score
Question seemed easy but i ran out of time! :sorry:

Unable to complete abt 15 marks! FML :mad:

Reaction score
Btw guys if you let's say mess up the salt section and waste one of the the solids, are the invigilators allowed to give some more to you or are you completely screwed up???

Reaction score
Mssamgirl15 said:
Btw guys if you let's say mess up the salt section and waste one of the the solids, are the invigilators allowed to give some more to you or are you completely screwed up???

ya even i wasted some of the fa6 and asked for more :p
the invig. gave me a stare then gace the rest of the fa6 to me ;P

msk

Reaction score
hassam said:
cn u tell ur finding for fa5 fa6 and fa7

fa5 was NaHCO3...so we didn,t have to find anything just tell CO2 evolved
Fa6 was Ammonium Bromide
FA7 was sulfuric acid...though i didn,t get it :(

Reaction score
Fa5 - Co2 evolved
Fa6 - Ammo0nium and bromide
Fa7: Sulfate as an anion and no cation..................(2 blanks spaces were just for a dodge)

@hassam : my mean titre was 29.55....... wat was urs?

Reaction score
intel1993 said:
Fa5 - Co2 evolved
Fa6 - Ammo0nium and bromide
Fa7: Sulfate as an anion and no cation..................(2 blanks spaces were just for a dodge)

@hassam : my mean titre was 29.55....... wat was urs?

Fa7- i guess the other one is cl (2+ or - ) forgot! :)

Reaction score
It was an easy paper, went very well
Fa 6 was NH4+ and BR-
and FA7 was BA2+ and CL-

Reaction score
yar u ppl just tell me this....wat we had to do after adding fiive drops conc..sulfuric acid.....we had to add water to it ryt....or i misread.....???

Reaction score
hassam said:
yar u ppl just tell me this....wat we had to do after adding fiive drops conc..sulfuric acid.....we had to add water to it ryt....or i misread.....???

Yeah, we had to add water to it after. But I think that's because it was getting all fumey and stuff, I'm not sure.
What kind of reaction was it anyway? I said it was oxidation. :s

Reaction score
fa6 conatined ba and i dnt remeber da cation!!!!! my litmus though turned blue in the begining den performed it again and i got barium in it!!!!!! in Fa7 i gt ba2+ and Cl-.........plz say dat it is correct !!!plz!!!!!!! and yea i also ran out of time !!!!! jst wrote initial mass of crucible and its contents!!!! can i still get ac Overall C guyz??? in A2 and As??? overall??

Reaction score
@ hafsa You really cannot predict your grade this way! Prolly you'll do better in your next papers
& Can we stop discussing 33 & start 22 & 52 which is on MONDAY!

Reaction score
aquarian gurl tell me jxt percentage purity......and just tell me wat were steps....u followed....see i did like this....calculated moles of water lost......then calculated moles of mgso4.....then calculated mass of mgso4 + watewr in it and expressed it as a percentage

Reaction score
Hassam Yeah exactly the same & I got the % in 40's I don't remember the exact value, but my method was xactly the same =/
& Princess Zahra Thank you so much =)

Reaction score
hafsa shabbir said:
fa6 conatined ba and i dnt remeber da cation!!!!! my litmus though turned blue in the begining den performed it again and i got barium in it!!!!!! in Fa7 i gt ba2+ and Cl-.........plz say dat it is correct !!!plz!!!!!!! and yea i also ran out of time !!!!! jst wrote initial mass of crucible and its contents!!!! can i still get ac Overall C guyz??? in A2 and As??? overall??

ya it correct igot cl- tooo i couldnt find out ba + ran out of time :)