• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History

Reaction score
It's plain History we're talking about here. No Pak.studies.
Well... I've been planning on taking World History (O'Levels) In the forth coming months and I plan to give a CIE next year.
Personally, I'm very confused about this subject and the grade I'll be awarded. To me, it seems as if I'll get a bad grade in the subject as I recently joined the Cambridge circuit. Any advices for how I should be preparing for the subject, where should I study the subj. and lastly any tips from anyone who has already given the subject?

Reaction score
It's plain History we're talking about here. No Pak.studies.
Well... I've been planning on taking World History (O'Levels) In the forth coming months and I plan to give a CIE next year.
Personally, I'm very confused about this subject and the grade I'll be awarded. To me, it seems as if I'll get a bad grade in the subject as I recently joined the Cambridge circuit. Any advices for how I should be preparing for the subject, where should I study the subj. and lastly any tips from anyone who has already given the subject?

Just focus on first and second section. Take qs frn pst papers and write ans in your expression.

Reaction score
World history is a very interesting subject.
There's a lot of choice in it. Make sure you solve at least 5 year past papers and also read some marking schemes and examiner reports.

Reaction score
World history is a very interesting subject.
There's a lot of choice in it. Make sure you solve at least 5 year past papers and also read some marking schemes and examiner reports.

Which book do you recommend?
And, how long does the preparation take, if we want to opt for it as an extra subject, privately?
And lastly, can we prepare selective topics, since you said it has lots of choice?

Reaction score
Which book do you recommend?
And, how long does the preparation take, if we want to opt for it as an extra subject, privately?
And lastly, can we prepare selective topics, since you said it has lots of choice?

Norman Lowe's book, Mastering Modern World History.
This is one of the best books which contains all sections though some topics of section B are missing.

Well, it varies from person to person. If you've got other subjects to prepare as well then it'll take at least 3-4 months. But again, it's entirely up to the time you give to this subject.
Yeah, there's a lot of choice. You can skip some sections. Have a look at it's syllabus.