• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

History simplistic statement:

Reaction score
Is this simplistic statement for the 14 marks question on the decline of the Mughal empire correct?
"After the death of Aurangzeb in 1707,the Mughal empire fell into a long and steady decline.There were a no. Of reasons for this decline:"

Does your statement have to be related to the reason in the question or should it be general like the one above?

Reaction score
for example. if the Q is...
Was the in-fighting between Aurangzeb's successors the most important reason for the collapse of Mughal empire? Explain your answer. [14]
here, the simplistic statement you stated above is v good.
but if the Q is...
'The coming of the British was the main reason for the decline of Mughal Empire'. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer. [14]
here you should better write, By the time the British east India company arrived and started developing its own forts and ports, the decline of Mughal Rule was quite inevitable"

but remember, its what just I am telling you. I am not a teacher. but its what my teacher told me. but i dont think this simplistic statement will bother you enough, but its better to write a simplistic statement related to the reason stated in the Q, to be on safe side :)