• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

histORy qUEstioNS......

Reaction score
Q1.‘Bengal was partitioned in 1905 because of geographical factors.’ Do you agree?
Explain your answer.
plzzz acheive all levels while answerINg ths qUEstIOn...........hlP me plzzzz
thAnxx in adVAnce.....:D

Reaction score
i wanted this question to be answered as well!!!!......and also from which book we should answer this question?

Reaction score
geographical reasons:
----large province, administration difficult
----proportional development could not be carried out on both wings

other reasons:
----break power of hindus
----earn muslim support
----tilak of poona had been creating problems
----end muslim suppression
----end revolutionary activity and facilitate british rule

Reaction score
harisshahzad has outlined the reasons pretty well. they also include:
-divide-and-rule policy of the british
-develop under developed areas of the muslim part of bengal

i think it wud be a 14 marks question. So, in the first paragraph talk in detail of the geographical reasons, then in the next paragraphs explain three other reasons, and then give your opiion in the conclusion!

Reaction score
these r some points of reason of partition of bengal:

1.Large province to govern with difficulty
2. it had huge population(over 80 million) so difficult to administer
3.eastern bengal was almost isolated from western part by geography and communications,
4. the eastern part was thought to be neglected and under-governed
5. In order to improve and uplift the financial/economic status of the people of east bengal, despite the fact that it was the leading producer of jute but it had very poor industrial set-up.
6.communication problem
7.to reduce the rapid growth of nationalistic feelings

tell u the reason of reversal a little later

Reaction score
thanzxxxxxx uuu bt my pRoblem iz that i can't find any exPLainatioN of these other reasONs,,,,i only hV bULk kNOWledge of GEograPHical pROblems sO plz gv me the exPLAinatIon 2 other pOInts.....
thanxxx in adVAnce PEople,,,,,,xtreme universe u rOCk....:D

Reaction score
munir123 said:
thanzxxxxxx uuu bt my pRoblem iz that i can't find any exPLainatioN of these other reasONs,,,,i only hV bULk kNOWledge of GEograPHical pROblems sO plz gv me the exPLAinatIon 2 other pOInts.....
thanxxx in adVAnce PEople,,,,,,xtreme universe u rOCk....:D
See all the people have told you the reason of geographical factors. Now lets look at other reasons
-Lord Curzon wanted to develop backward areas
-British wanted to Break the strength on Congress and Hindus as protest and marches were common in that area.

Guys Important piece of Advice
PLEASE DON'T DESCRIBE !! you have to EXPLAIN. read the examiner reports and they clearly state that candidates who DESCRIBE get half marks.

Reaction score
yup level 2 marks only i have almost rote their one statement what was it Centres must tell ..... < well kacha hai thora sa <im not good at this :p :p :p