• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

history or geography?

Reaction score
hi everyone..i wanted to take an extra subject this m/j session and still dont know what to choose history or geography? which is easier to get an A*..and if you have some notes for them can anyone post them please

Reaction score
hi everyone..i wanted to take an extra subject this m/j session and still dont know what to choose history or geography? which is easier to get an A*..and if you have some notes for them can anyone post them please

hey salam :)

dear, if you're from pakistan then you should take pakistan studies (olevel 2058) ( igcse 0448) and in this sub, you've to give history and geography both, cos i myself gave pakistan studies in olevel... though i don't have any kind of idea of history or geography as a particular subject.. but it depends on your choice.. if you're interested in any subject, you can get easily get A* even if that subject is difficult for any other person, if they can't do it doesn't mean YOU can't do it! if you find geo easy then go for it! Obviously its up to your interest and understanding.

hope that helped :)

Reaction score
I did Alevels World History. By the Grace of God, had an A grade in it. I DIDNOT give Olevels/IGCSE World History although I did study it

What I can say is that they both are much overlapping

I prepared notes for Alevel history which I am quite confident will definitely help u in Olevels/IGCSE
http://www.mediafire.com/?h1l1h122z59evas

You can download and view them. You can also ask me any question you find difficult

I studied
Italian unification
German unification
Rise of Hitler and Mussolini
Russian (Tsar, Lenin and Stalin)
Imperialism
Cold War (whole)
China
Nuclear Arms

And I think Norman Lowe book "Mastering Modern World History" is very good

Reaction score
hey salam :)

dear, if you're from pakistan then you should take pakistan studies (olevel 2058) ( igcse 0448) and in this sub, you've to give history and geography both, cos i myself gave pakistan studies in olevel... though i don't have any kind of idea of history or geography as a particular subject.. but it depends on your choice.. if you're interested in any subject, you can get easily get A* even if that subject is difficult for any other person, if they can't do it doesn't mean YOU can't do it! if you find geo easy then go for it! Obviously its up to your interest and understanding.

hope that helped :)
thank you alot ,, im not from pakistan so if i wanted to take one of those subject i have to take it as individual :)

Reaction score
I did Alevels World History. By the Grace of God, had an A grade in it. I DIDNOT give Olevels/IGCSE World History although I did study it

What I can say is that they both are much overlapping

I prepared notes for Alevel history which I am quite confident will definitely help u in Olevels/IGCSE
http://www.mediafire.com/?h1l1h122z59evas

You can download and view them. You can also ask me any question you find difficult

I studied
Italian unification
German unification
Rise of Hitler and Mussolini
Russian (Tsar, Lenin and Stalin)
Imperialism
Cold War (whole)
China
Nuclear Arms

And I think Norman Lowe book "Mastering Modern World History" is very good
thank you so much ,but i want to do igcse , did you study all alone ? because i want to do the same thing but for igcse and i decided to do geography ?

Reaction score
thank you so much ,but i want to do igcse , did you study all alone ? because i want to do the same thing but for igcse and i decided to do geography ?
No, I studied Alevel History at school. My notes can be helpful in Olevel/igcse world history

Reaction score
heyyy! im doing paper 3 International history AS level only... ! And your notes are very helpful... are there any other notes or resources that i could use? and also the International History by Derrek Murphy book is not currently in stock. Wish i could get that book. :eek:

Reaction score
If you could do the course textbooks and the note I pasted, then it should be enough
Read english newspaper everyday as the paper is also a test of your standard of of english