• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Hi, i need career counselling for my future. Anyone please help

Reaction score
Hi, i live in scotland right now and i have just finished my highschool, and now im waiting for my results to come in august, its just like the cambridge education system but a bit different, anyways, i was in pakistan before doing my olevels, which were english, math, computer, physics and chemisty, apart from english i got all C, D and U's. I got a B in English. And now i havent applied for a university here because they ask for a lot of money here since im not a citizen of their country, I came here due to my dads posting. So im planning to go to newyork, kingston which is where my hometown(the place i was born) is, my academic performance is very poor right now, can anyone please suggest me a way (such as a course or a test) which can help me a gain an extra qualification in less time and boost my grades. Such as a gmat test which i will be giving in the near future, i have already given a ielts test, and a SAT test. Please help because i will be applying for universities over there this year, and go next year if i get accepted, i am also applying for a scholarship so if i have a good academic performance i will have a higher chance of getting one. So I will greatly appreciate if someone gives me good advice and ideas as to how i can do that. Thanks in Advance. Bye

Reaction score
How about you resit the O-level tests that will really matter to the courses you want to do in university- for instance if you want to study chemistry resit that exam. You can also attempt IGCSEs but I don't think it would really help you if you want to go to the USA though it depends on the university. Other than that pray for good SAT grades.
Good luck, hoped I helped.

Reaction score
Hi, i live in scotland right now and i have just finished my highschool, and now im waiting for my results to come in august, its just like the cambridge education system but a bit different, anyways, i was in pakistan before doing my olevels, which were english, math, computer, physics and chemisty, apart from english i got all C, D and U's. I got a B in English. And now i havent applied for a university here because they ask for a lot of money here since im not a citizen of their country, I came here due to my dads posting. So im planning to go to newyork, kingston which is where my hometown(the place i was born) is, my academic performance is very poor right now, can anyone please suggest me a way (such as a course or a test) which can help me a gain an extra qualification in less time and boost my grades. Such as a gmat test which i will be giving in the near future, i have already given a ielts test, and a SAT test. Please help because i will be applying for universities over there this year, and go next year if i get accepted, i am also applying for a scholarship so if i have a good academic performance i will have a higher chance of getting one. So I will greatly appreciate if someone gives me good advice and ideas as to how i can do that. Thanks in Advance. Bye
its better to go for olevels before applying as is the requirement of most UK unis

Reaction score
How about you resit the O-level tests that will really matter to the courses you want to do in university- for instance if you want to study chemistry resit that exam. You can also attempt IGCSEs but I don't think it would really help you if you want to go to the USA though it depends on the university. Other than that pray for good SAT grades.
Good luck, hoped I helped.
I want to study business management, i have studied business this year and i really like it so even though i dont have a lot of knowledge with it, i still want to go for it. I am going to resit my Math exam Olevels because thats the only one i failed, and i need my certificate so. I have checked SAT, and its good if you want to apply to colleges, is that true? I am going to give an exam for GMAT since its specially designed for students who want to go to business school. Do give me a reply Thanks

Reaction score
SATs will majorly matter if you're applying to colleges in your own hometown. If you're applying in the UK, your A level results will matter the most; not even O Level. For immediate admission, I'd suggest you to get a really good SAT score (Above 1900) for universities to consider to ignore your poor performance in the past.
Hope I helped, mate

Reaction score
I want to take engineering in future and I plan to do A-levels (CIE)
I am worried about the subjects I should take next year
I plan to take maths & physics but My third subject is a problem
I am stuck between AICT and Chemistry
In my school The Chemistry was of zero level and therefore I am not sure about it Also I am really good at computers but I love both but i want only 3 subjects
Please tell whether I should go for AICT or Chemistry
I love both and have scored quite well but I know my chemistry is not up to the mark
ALSO pls tell why u think so
Also I want to know more about CIE maths and Exdecel maths in a level in detail
Thanks

-shoaib672002