• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HI FREINDS HOW WAS THE PHYSICS ATP GCSE O LAVEL?

Reaction score
Different rubbers = Different thickness possible. Different Mass/Weight possible. Their readings are different. Experiment is void.

(I didn't write like this, but this was my general idea.)

I wrote a big answer, exceedings the lines. Do they cut mark for long answers?

I explained the purpose of the experiment, then i remember mentioning that different rubbers have different effects on the value of L, and then i mention that equal masses, sizes, weights are needed. I wrote this jumbled answer. Will i get the mark?

Reaction score
Same.

I wrote that ammeter have their own resistances. The wire has resistance. And there was some component in b/w. All their had their resistances which reduced current.

They asked why the readings of Ammeter were different, they are supposed to be same.
That's due to internal resistance differences in AMMETERS.

Reaction score
For the experiment I wrote that one student holds the ruler in place wwhile the other takes the reading. Is this correct? For the rubber bands part I got 11. For the seperate anmeter readings part I wrote that after the resistor the resistance increases hence affecting the anmeter readings. For the refractive index I wrote 1.6. For rubber bands i wrote that if identical rubber bands are not used then the readings would be inaccurate.

Reaction score
For the first i wrote that the measuring instrument might dip in water or strike with edges and for (b) i wrote that measure the l using a string and then measure the length of string :p

Reaction score
For the experiment I wrote that one student holds the ruler in place wwhile the other takes the reading. Is this correct? For the rubber bands part I got 11. For the seperate anmeter readings part I wrote that after the resistor the resistance increases hence affecting the anmeter readings. For the refractive index I wrote 1.6.

Ammeter readings one is wrong.

And experiment is correct. :/

Reaction score
For the first i wrote that the measuring instrument might dip in water or strike with edges and for (b) i wrote that measure the l using a string and then measure the length of string :p

What? How can we use a string? How will you attach the string to the rod? It will just move ahead :p

Reaction score

Rubber band one was 11 and i wrote that indentical bands have equals masses so exert equal weight.

Reaction score
Not attach it. Just hold it. :p

But doesn't the rod keep moving due to water? o_O

The answer to first part, what most people wrote, was that the rod is not stationary, and the rule can't be aligned correctly with the rod to measure it.

Reaction score
But doesn't the rod keep moving due to water? o_O

The answer to first part, what most people wrote, was that the rod is not stationary, and the rule can't be aligned correctly with the rod to measure it.

Hm dont know than :/ Guess i messed that up.
God bless our souls ,Eaxminers.

Reaction score
Hm dont know than :/ Guess i messed that up.
God bless our souls ,Eaxminers.

''Immerse the rule into the water as zero mark co-incides with the water level.
And then align it vertically with rod, and use set-square to find the answer.'' I also drew all this apparatus on the figure.

Is this correct? Does it score 2 marks? .-.

Reaction score
And that was the reason. Different band would have different weights. Thus the experiment would not be fair anymore.

I wrote a whole paragraph there, but if it has the words ''equal weight'' will i get the mark? I was explaining the purpose of the experiment, and that to get accurate answer their should be identical rubbers, as only then he can find out the correct effect of rubbers on the length L. And then i mentioned equal weights, masses and sizes are needed to reach the correct conclusion. Took like 5 lines.

Reaction score
''Immerse the rule into the water as zero mark co-incides with the water level.
And then align it vertically with rod, and use set-square to find the answer.'' I also drew all this apparatus on the figure.

Is this correct? Does it score 2 marks? .-.

Uh idk. Doesnt seem correct tbh. I think the good answers were one with the markers.

Reaction score
I wrote a whole paragraph there, but if it has the words ''equal weight'' will i get the mark? I was explaining the purpose of the experiment, and that to get accurate answer their should be identical rubbers, as only then he can find out the correct effect of rubbers on the length L. And then i mentioned equal weights, masses and sizes are needed to reach the correct conclusion. Took like 5 lines.

pray the examiner perceives you.
my teacher told me that sometimes the examiner wont give you the marks even when you're correct because they feel you're confused and writing nonsense.