• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Here to Help!

Reaction score
Hi guys,

This post is pretty self-explanatory. I'm a veteran student (weird phrasing, I know) and have been through all the stages - O levels, A levels, University etc and would love to use my experience to help out anyone who needs it. If you have general questions about CAIE exams or want career advice, preparation advice, help with a math problem, or anything really, feel free to send me a message!

Reaction score
HEY. Its really heartwarming to see people willing to help each other.
I will appear in my O levels examinations in 2020. I only want to ask if you think tutions are a necessity for getting As. I have self studied all my life and achieved good grades. So i dont think i really need them. Please share your advice,if you took tutions and if so, how did they help you. Thankyou.

Reaction score
HEY. Its really heartwarming to see people willing to help each other.
I will appear in my O levels examinations in 2020. I only want to ask if you think tutions are a necessity for getting As. I have self studied all my life and achieved good grades. So i dont think i really need them. Please share your advice,if you took tutions and if so, how did they help you. Thankyou.

Hi! Honestly, it depends on the individual. Tuition culture was around when I took the exams and it's still booming for good reason. Tuitions polish stuff you already know so they prepare you well for the actual exams. I didn't go to academies, didn't take tuition and managed to get straight As on my own. If you've achieved good grades so far and have studied on your own, you'll be quite disciplined. Chances are, you don't need tuition especially if you think you can manage without it. At the end of the day, there's no guarantee you'll get all As with or without extra help. So you don't need tuition to get As, you just need to prepare well. Hope that answers your question! :)

Reaction score
Hi! Honestly, it depends on the individual. Tuition culture was around when I took the exams and it's still booming for good reason. Tuitions polish stuff you already know so they prepare you well for the actual exams. I didn't go to academies, didn't take tuition and managed to get straight As on my own. If you've achieved good grades so far and have studied on your own, you'll be quite disciplined. Chances are, you don't need tuition especially if you think you can manage without it. At the end of the day, there's no guarantee you'll get all As with or without extra help. So you don't need tuition to get As, you just need to prepare well. Hope that answers your question! :)
thankyou