• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Helpp

Reaction score
Can anyone help me to with this i can solve when its

GGBB and GGGB

Kindly if some can tell me i cant get 3/7 as answer ???

Attachments

• 28.png
    28.png
    45.2 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hi. We are trying to select a team of four from 3 boys and 5 girls. When the team is made up with 2 girls and two boys. You will need (5/8 * 4/7 * 3/6 * 2/5) this gives us 1/14. However, the order that this team can be selected can be different. Consider there are G1 and G2 as two distinct girls. The order that the team can be selected is G1G2B1B2, G2G1B1B2, etc. Therefore there are 4C2 ways of choosing the team. Use 4C2 * 1/14 gives you 3/7.

Reaction score
Hi. We are trying to select a team of four from 3 boys and 5 girls. When the team is made up with 2 girls and two boys. You will need (5/8 * 4/7 * 3/6 * 2/5) this gives us 1/14. However, the order that this team can be selected can be different. Consider there are G1 and G2 as two distinct girls. The order that the team can be selected is G1G2B1B2, G2G1B1B2, etc. Therefore there are 4C2 ways of choosing the team. Use 4C2 * 1/14 gives you 3/7.[/quote

than your for you reply can you tell me what what c actually is i under about order when we have 4 C2 or 4C3 what do we multuple with 1/14 to get the answer ???

Reaction score
Sorry I am a bit confused with your reply. C stands for combination. And there are many different ways to choose a team out of 3boys and 5girls. For example, Mary and Julie and John and Jack. Or Mary and Catherine and John and Jack. There are 4C2 ways to select a team comopsed of two girls and two boys. The probability for choosing one team with 2girls and 2boys is 1/14. Therefore we use 4C2 * 1/14

Reaction score
ok :) now i got it thank you :))
Sorry I am a bit confused with your reply. C stands for combination. And there are many different ways to choose a team out of 3boys and 5girls. For example, Mary and Julie and John and Jack. Or Mary and Catherine and John and Jack. There are 4C2 ways to select a team comopsed of two girls and two boys. The probability for choosing one team with 2girls and 2boys is 1/14. Therefore we use 4C2 * 1/14
Now i got it thank you:))