• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help vector

Reaction score
1. Relative to an Origin O,points C and D have position vectors (7,3,2) and (10,a,b)
respectively .
(a) A line through C and D has equation r=(7,3,2)+t(1,3,0), Find the values of a and b

(b) Find the position vector of the point P on the line CD such that OP Is Perpendicular TO CD

Reaction score
1. Relative to an Origin O,points C and D have position vectors (7,3,2) and (10,a,b)
respectively .
(a) A line through C and D has equation r=(7,3,2)+t(1,3,0), Find the values of a and b

(b) Find the position vector of the point P on the line CD such that OP Is Perpendicular TO CD

Dude check the question again coz considering ur age i think now we wud be wtudying vectors in 2 dimensions not 3 if its then do state tht so

Reaction score
Dude check the question again coz considering ur age i think now we wud be wtudying vectors in 2 dimensions not 3 if its then do state tht so

Dude, im preparing for university examination. ThiS is MY last year. Eventhough my age is only 16 but my father insisted me to go to Accelaration class when i were junior high schoool so im not learning about vector 2 dimesnion. im learning 3 dimension vectors. THx

Reaction score
dude the question is incorrect!
because in part a) --> its easy, r=(7,3,2) + t(3,3,0) =====> the vector DC is (10,a,b) - (7,3,2) = (1,3,0) {Based on the vector equation given in part (a)}
therefore, a=6 , b=2
thx for the reply but u got it wrongly. The answer for (a) is a=12 b=2 and for (b) is (27/5,-9/5,2). i had asked my teacher and he got it both.

Reaction score
Dude, im preparing for university examination. ThiS is MY last year. Eventhough my age is only 16 but my father insisted me to go to Accelaration class when i were junior high schoool so im not learning about vector 2 dimesnion. im learning 3 dimension vectors. THx

Is that really?.Impressive..ths quite a young age relative to general observation