• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help required- History

Reaction score
So, Mariam will it be something like this:

The govt of India act was introduce by the British in 1935 as the last major reform before they left. It included things like abolishing diarchy at provincial level and replacing it with a system of autonomy. Unlike the 1919 Govt of India Act, the provincial ministers were now granted more rights and had more ruling authority over the provincial governors, except in two key areas.
However, the power was still retained by the Viceroy, who was the head of the federation. He had the right to dissolve the provincial councils and ministers alongisde. Furthermore, voters were increased to 35 million. The Govt of India Act helped increase Indian representation in the government, and became a focal point for negotiations about indepence. Also, since Sindh and NWFP were made indepenent provinces, this meant that Muslims had their own majority areas. Muslims, now were bound to develop on the idea of having a separate homeland. Also, the Govt of India Act 1935 led to elections which the INC won, and due to this, formed a government in 8 provinces, as the single ruling party. It led to the Congress tyranny in 1937-1939, which convinced Muslims, that they could not live with Indians anymore. This furthermore developed the idea of having a separate homeland; this is how the Govt of India act 1935 contributed to the Pakistan Movement.

This is a really long drawn out answer, and it seems like a 14 mark answer on it's own :D. But am I making the point right?

Reaction score
Yes u r correct ...!!! and it is a long answer... y dont u divide them into two paras?

the second paragraph can start from.... "Also, since Sindh and NWFP...."

Reaction score
I know how to answer the question but can u plx gv me the conclusion for q1? WHich was most important? I think it was the govt act of india 1935

Reaction score
Hey, can someone really help me 2? I have a fAirly good clue of how to solve it but plx tell me the conclusion as my teacher said it was of 2 marx

Reaction score
First questions conclusion sounds like Govt of India act 1935, as it is most suitable

For second question, it should be Jinnah's fourteen points, or Nehru report.
Because the Nehru report publicly announced how the INC was not edged on accepting that the Muslims needed separate electorates, or any sort of protection for minorities.
So, this contributed to the Pak movement, because it convinced muslims that they couldn't trust the hindus at all. the unity developed in lucknow pact in 1916, and the slight unity in khilafat movemment all came to an end.

Reaction score
But the teachers are saying it would be govt act of india cause after the elections which it proposed, Congress formed government, and muslims faced Congress Tyranny.
So, now, tell me, what should i write???????????????

Reaction score
Okay, I know exactly what you mean. Now, I didn't include that because the time line says upto 1935. Therefore, including Congress Tyranny which is in 1937-1939 would be sort of out of question.
Although you are right, the Congress Tyranny is also written in the marking key, but honestly, I don't think it should be that way, as the question only asks upto 1935... Kind of weird eh?

Reaction score
well can any one help me out i amm really confused in this question: Was the introduction of Jinnah's 14 points in 1929 the most important factor in the development of the Pakistan Movement between 1928-1935? [14] should i write the events in chronological order like first nehru report and the other events or first write about jinnahs fourteen point.... the reason asked in the question first........... plz help