• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

***HELP*** profession choosing

Reaction score
I took 10 subjects in my o levels- two languages, chem, phy, bio, h.bio, math d , add math, accounts,computer........now i'm stuck in subject choosing for a levels......i cant decide which profession to choose................i would be very much thankful if anyone could suggest ................p.s. i'm equally good nd interested in all subjects....

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
AsSalam-o-alaikum.
You wanna choose subjects? see this guide.... basic advice is have a balance b/w subjects you like and a profession you might enjoy... n make Dua.
do see the guide attached. hope this helps..

Attachments

• how_to_choose_the_right_subjects_at_gcse_and_a-level.pdf
    725.5 KB · Views: 117
Reaction score
^ Not really.

I believe you should follow your passion.

So if its engineering then Maths, Phy, Chem, Thinking Skills (AS), Economics (AS) or Psychology (AS) do urdu literature in november for showing some language skills.

If medicine Bio, Phy, Chem, Maths (AS with P1, S1). If you feel like it then take math to A2 level (only if u feel u can do it)

If economics (do only if u got good grades in D maths/ add maths) Economics, Maths, GP, Thinking Skills, Psychology (AS), urdu literature in november, and one science (phy or bio) chem wud be too hard.

If u want to do economics at a good university you have to study it. A level eco is one of the hardest A levels.

If decide not to do pure economics and do smthng like a bcom then do accounting A level instead of psychology and gp.

For political science sociology, psychology, law, maths (AS), thinking skills (AS)

For pyschology: bio, chem, maths, psychology

Further maths is a grt subjct but hard to score and not so required unless u want to apply to the uk. (u already do a lot of that math at uni, it is roughly equivalent to linear algebra, calculus 1 and 2 at university level)

But seeing ur subject combination i'll suggest opt for economics or medicine. (depends on ur grade though since u didnt list them)

Reaction score
Doing World Geography if you intend to do economics is really helpful. (helps u in labour economics/human geography aspects of economics)

But it's the hardest CIE A level you'll ever do. But very usefull if u can do it. Trust me.

Reaction score
A major question : do u want to study in Pakistan or abroad? Because if in pakistan then no need for weird subjects, and if abroad, then choose carefully.

Reaction score
But remember wherever u study, the most important thing is: where you want to end up, where u want to reach.

Getting admission at any place in the world is just the first step, finishing is the thing, and thats wat most people fail to do. So wat u study now shud be linked with wat u will be studying at university.

Reaction score
Thanx everyone for giving your precious time to clear my doubt.............i would also like to know if it is true that no distinctions are awarded for october/november session for o levels......thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Ghazna12 said:
Yes, No distinctions in November.
thank you for the answer but could you please inform me of the official document so that i can know the details.......thank you again. :)

Reaction score
No distinctions in November except for the subjects that are offered in OCT/NOV only like 'statistics'

For the remaining subjects the distinctions are awarded for the May/June session. All the distinctions are announced in the last week of January of the next year. So distinctions of 2011 will be announced in January 2012.

http://www.cie.org.uk/news/docs/countri ... n_2011.pdf

See the first page for my name, I gave that subject in May/June 2010 and the distinctions were announced in January 2011.

Now it's official !

Reaction score
^ Not really.

I believe you should follow your passion.

So if its engineering then Maths, Phy, Chem, Thinking Skills (AS), Economics (AS) or Psychology (AS) do urdu literature in november for showing some language skills.

If medicine Bio, Phy, Chem, Maths (AS with P1, S1). If you feel like it then take math to A2 level (only if u feel u can do it)

If economics (do only if u got good grades in D maths/ add maths) Economics, Maths, GP, Thinking Skills, Psychology (AS), urdu literature in november, and one science (phy or bio) chem wud be too hard.

If u want to do economics at a good university you have to study it. A level eco is one of the hardest A levels.

If decide not to do pure economics and do smthng like a bcom then do accounting A level instead of psychology and gp.

For political science sociology, psychology, law, maths (AS), thinking skills (AS)

For pyschology: bio, chem, maths, psychology

Further maths is a grt subjct but hard to score and not so required unless u want to apply to the uk. (u already do a lot of that math at uni, it is roughly equivalent to linear algebra, calculus 1 and 2 at university level)

But seeing ur subject combination i'll suggest opt for economics or medicine. (depends on ur grade though since u didnt list them)

my result got released on last 13th august.... got 9 A* and an A in chemistry :) had to rule out medicine as a future career as its just not "me" :)

Reaction score
W
No distinctions in November except for the subjects that are offered in OCT/NOV only like 'statistics'

For the remaining subjects the distinctions are awarded for the May/June session. All the distinctions are announced in the last week of January of the next year. So distinctions of 2011 will be announced in January 2012.

See the first page for my name, I gave that subject in May/June 2010 and the distinctions were announced in January 2011.

Now it's official !
Why no distinctions are awarded in November session ??? This means CIE discourages good students in november session?????

Reaction score

Now it's official !
i gave mine this year so do they inform u about world top or keep it a secret?if they have not told that means none of us have it?

Reaction score

Now it's official !
hey, do they announce distinctions for AS? like i gave my AS in may/june 2012???