• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help please

Reaction score
this isnt my account but i really need help, i really think i'm gonna fail badly in a levels, my subjects are biology, chemistry and physics. i'm studying nonstop and doin past paper but m not satisfied, i can do half of the past papers and get like 30 parks in paper 4, all i ask is this : how badly do i have to perform to get a fail? is it easy to squeeze a pass in a levels? plz help soon, i'm freaking ot

Reaction score
this isnt my account but i really need help, i really think i'm gonna fail badly in a levels, my subjects are biology, chemistry and physics. i'm studying nonstop and doin past paper but m not satisfied, i can do half of the past papers and get like 30 parks in paper 4, all i ask is this : how badly do i have to perform to get a fail? is it easy to squeeze a pass in a levels? plz help soon, i'm freaking ot
First of all what u have to do is do not panic
Secondly try to focus on stuff u know and practice that first so that u are very good at it Then try to understand stuff u don't know . I too don't know many stuff in chem , maths and phy try to understand the concepts and do some past papers with. A friend who is good at doing and explaining. Believe me it will help a lot
I even saw a physics ppr which had a threshold of just 55 marks for an A in p4
And try to do the latest past papers like from 2008 to 2014 before your exam it will really help
And feel free to ask anything u want to know

Reaction score
i understand that, thanks for the advice, its just that a levels are so.... uncertain, the mark scheme is brutal in so many ways, i got like 6 As in o levels but a level has really crippled me.
i need two passes for the course that i need to get into but looking at mark schemes and examiner reports, also the fact that i've done almost no practical work (private student) really worrie me.
again, thank you for the advice.

Reaction score
i understand that, thanks for the advice, its just that a levels are so.... uncertain, the mark scheme is brutal in so many ways, i got like 6 As in o levels but a level has really crippled me.
i need two passes for the course that i need to get into but looking at mark schemes and examiner reports, also the fact that i've done almost no practical work (private student) really worrie me.
I got 5 As and an A* in olevels but alevel is really bullshit
Secondly don't worry too much abt practicals just first focus on p2 and p4 these are the pprs on which your grade depends
U r welcome

Reaction score

Firstly, stop preparing to fail. You still have time, little or not, there is time. What matters most is that you use that time constructively instead of wasting it all, worrying.

Gather resources for you to study from, often at times I would panic because I had nothing in front of me to begin with. You could find the time to come on here and ask for help, use that same time to look for resources, get as much as you can. Go on youtube and look for videos, there are some very very helpful and passionate teachers out there who create content for their students and make it available to everyone.

Secondly, Don't memorize what you're learning. The only way you're going to be able to answer an exam and not fail, is if you first understand what the question wants from you. Go through all the recent past papers, I'd say the past 4 years at least, and look at which questions take up the most marks. Now work on finding answers to those questions, and that too in your own words.

Lastly, stop studying and start learning. It's not the hours you put in your work that counts, it's the work you put in the hours. Take frequent breaks if you have to, try to relate what you're learning to things around you, visualize it all, draw diagrams if you have to, make learning a creative and fun process. If you treat it as a chore, you're just simply going to do it for the sake of doing it, which is something you're going to resent.

If you need to pass, focus on bagging the most marks in each paper you do. If you do a paper in the morning, set time aside at the end of the day to attempt it again, this time trying to correct your mistakes from the previous one.

There's not much else to say, if you need help finding resources or something, drop me a PM and I'll see how I can help.

Reaction score
just want to know one thing how badly do you have to mess up to get a U? i know like 60-70 percent of the syllabus right now :/

Reaction score
just want to know one thing how badly do you have to mess up to get a U? i know like 60-70 percent of the syllabus right now :/
Just think this that in May June 2013 physics paper 4 out of 100 Grade E was at 22 marks so just think what u will need for a U even lower than this
But u know abt 70 percent of the syllabus
So don't worry so much

Reaction score
that's reassuring, i was looking to get like As like i did in o levels but a level made me hate studies. =_=