• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed

Reaction score
hello, I was going to appear for cie a levels this month but my uncle passed away and my college for some reason refused to give me my entry pass (long story)
I already got admission into UOL degree but I still intend to give my a levels. I want to know some info regarding ed excel.
I want to appear in physics/ maths, biology, chemistry. I got AB in bio and chem mock in cie and I can solve past papers from ed excel. Problem is, I'm a rather bad maths student but I still want to give ed excel a levels maths a go? is it possible to get a decent grade? or should I skip it and go for physics?
I want to appear for these subjects in january no later than that, but the specifications state that the exams are available in june only, even though the time table has all subjects? :/ help please.

Reaction score
didn't really answer my question :/
also, any new topics in IAL bio and chem? I will be doing physics from scratch alongside an LLB degree, is it possible? or too much workload?

Reaction score
didn't really answer my question :/
also, any new topics in IAL bio and chem? I will be doing physics from scratch alongside an LLB degree, is it possible? or too much workload?
I guess there is no change in IAL chem. and i don't know anything about biology. Well, what do u want to be? like do u want to be a doctor? if yes then just go for chem. physics n bio in IAL. search different uni. and their requirements for the course you want to pursue, then go for those subs. :) hope that answers your qs.

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply mate.
I saw something about entropy though. :/ can you double check please?
I already have my degree set (UOL LLB at UCL) but I have no alevels (college screwed up and didn't hand me my entrance papers) so I need to give 3 a levels otherwise my CV will be kinda bland.
Again, thanks. :D

Reaction score
I guess there is no change in IAL chem. and i don't know anything about biology. Well, what do u want to be? like do u want to be a doctor? if yes then just go for chem. physics n bio in IAL. search different uni. and their requirements for the course you want to pursue, then go for those subs. :) hope that answers your qs.

Also, how hard is IAL compared to CIE Bio/Chem?

Reaction score
Actually edexcel I AL is easier than cambridge,so if you decide to go to Edexcel.. It will be a piece of cake for you.
Math is probably the easiest,mostly all my friends who took Math A level achieved an A and so is Biology,although I am struggling a bit with it,but it's waaaaayy easier than CIE.
Physics is pretty easy as well and so is Chemistry, I took it and got an A.
So good luck and the best thing about edexcel is that actually the units are divided.
Likke in Biology,Chemistry and Physics, there are 6 units,, you dont have to take them all at once. You can have some at January and some at June and if you dont sscore well, you can only repeat that one unit that got you down. Goodluck and you can do it :)

Reaction score
Thanks a ton for the reply :D. Modular exams are way better than the linear ones in CIE. I just have one last question, the added topics like Entropy change/Arrhenius equation and Kstab, how long will it take me to learn them?

Reaction score
Anytime and they would only take you like few weeks,2-3, you can use online videos on youtube if you are studying independently. Don't worry,everything is pretty easy and you gotta start now, only few months are left for January.