• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help needed in choosing A'level!!

Reaction score
hey everyone!!
I feel kind of misguidance in selecting subjects for my A'level. Another thing is that I cannot carry science subjects with me and neither I'm interested in accounting stuff. I like subject only when it does not deal in Calculations and Equations. I will not be able to manage my attendance at college after O'level due to several reasons, and I would like subjects that I can study by myself and a take some help on internet. Could you please help me?

Reaction score
hey everyone!!
I feel kind of misguidance in selecting subjects for my A'level. Another thing is that I cannot carry science subjects with me and neither I'm interested in accounting stuff. I like subject only when it does not deal in Calculations and Equations. I will not be able to manage my attendance at college after O'level due to several reasons, and I would like subjects that I can study by myself and a take some help on internet. Could you please help me?

Mathematics, Economics and History are great. Well I mean I self teach myself those 3 subjects only so I can't really give you opinions on self teaching other subjects haha. But since you don't like Mathematics so it's only Econs and History.

Economics: Fantastic. You can get so many resources on the internet and it is not really essay-based so it is generally pretty easy to study on your own
History: This one is pretty hard because it is purely essay-based and since you study on your own, you do not have anyone experienced enough to mark your essays and give opinions about them. But if you love the subject, it is really amazing. Many resources on the internet as well but if you're doing another board like Edexcel there will be a lot more.

My favorite resource is www.studyguide.pk. It has great e-books for both Econs and History. I honestly think that studying solely based on that e-book for Econs is pretty much enough. It virtually covers everything. And for history, I do not find so many resources specifically made for the CIE board on the internet. So finding one on the website was truly a bliss haha.

I do not recommend studying purely on your own, though. You can do online distance learning to substitute a formal education. For CIE board the only company that offers this is Wolsey Hall Oxford. Or if you want to do another board like Edexcel, National Extension College is a good one. I did not do distance learning because it's already too late. I just started studying from scratch 1.5 months before exam and they could not accept me because it's such a rush. Too bad.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Thanks! Another thing, Can you please tell me which colleges in Karachi are excepting the private appearing candidates?
And one more thing, I am appearing in my O'level examinations currently, and I wish to give any of 2 subject of A'level in October/November session. Is that possible?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Brother! Another thing, Can you please tell me which colleges in Karachi are excepting the private appearing candidates?
And one more thing, I am appearing in my O'level examinations currently, and I wish to give any of 2 subject of A'level in October/November session. Is that possible?

Sorry, I am not from Pakistan. But probably you can check on CIE's website for that?
By A Level do you mean both AS and A2 or you just want to give AS? If you want to give both, well, I do think that it is possible given that you work consistently hard throughout your study. The hardest thing about self studying is to maintain your discipline. But if you can overcome it then of course, it is possible! You have like roughly 4-5 months to study. You can divide it to 2 months for AS, 2 months for A2, 1 month left to study both together.