• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HELP ME im going to fail my a levels again

Reaction score
i have studied from the books but when ever i start past papers i get marks below 20 in mcqs im appearing in may 2013 getting really worried can any1 help me

Reaction score
bio , chem, phy
for Biology if you do all the past papers from june 2002 till october 2012 i can assure you that in your main exam you will get around 10-14 repeated questions. in biology paper1 you need to concentrate while reading the questions and read every line in your textbook. make sure you understand everything in the following chapters ( cell structure , biological molecules, cell membrane, enzymes, cell division and genetic control ) these topics will be of around 25 questions out of 40 and these topics are actually easier than the others. if you study these chapters properly and read the full text book as well as doing all the past papers i can assure you that you will get 30+

For chemistry you have to keep on practicing past papers and it is different with chemistry since you rarely find any repeated questions perhaps 2-4 and sometimes nothing. make sure you are well prepared to answer any question regarding moles. the main chapter is organic chemistry. if you count the number of questions coming in each paper for organic it will be around 15-20 questions so if you understand all the concepts properly and practice drawing and stuff you will do well.

I didn't take Physics so can't help .
good luck and sorry for the late reply.

Reaction score
for Biology if you do all the past papers from june 2002 till october 2012 i can assure you that in your main exam you will get around 10-14 repeated questions. in biology paper1 you need to concentrate while reading the questions and read every line in your textbook. make sure you understand everything in the following chapters ( cell structure , biological molecules, cell membrane, enzymes, cell division and genetic control ) these topics will be of around 25 questions out of 40 and these topics are actually easier than the others. if you study these chapters properly and read the full text book as well as doing all the past papers i can assure you that you will get 30+

For chemistry you have to keep on practicing past papers and it is different with chemistry since you rarely find any repeated questions perhaps 2-4 and sometimes nothing. make sure you are well prepared to answer any question regarding moles. the main chapter is organic chemistry. if you count the number of questions coming in each paper for organic it will be around 15-20 questions so if you understand all the concepts properly and practice drawing and stuff you will do well.

I didn't take Physics so can't help .
good luck and sorry for the late reply.

thank u for ur help

Reaction score
For physics try to work out the classified first.In physics just try learn the concepts of a chapter and try to apply them by doing questions.Work the classified.Dude,don't waste time on revision work,I mean don't just try memorising things.In physics all you got to do is practice and keep practising.work all the past papers.Whenever you are stuck in some question, open your classified book and try practising some questions.Do it dude,you'll pass.The only thing you've got to do is keep practising.Good luck dear.Any prob just contact anyone of us or your teachers :) don't stress and think much.Just keep on working you'll succeed :)

Reaction score
Just do all the past question papers.Biology is hard to remember. But the questions always focus on similar topics and many are repeated. Chemistry in AS levels has not so much complex chemical reactions to remember, but they mix it up so much that you get confused. While doing chemistry past papers, be sure to keep a paper in which you have written down all the chemical reactions(specially organic) by your side. All the answers for chemistry are in the book by Roger Norris. I'm not just saying that - they ALL are there! As for physics, there's not much I can say that will help you. Past papers will help, a lot, but the new questions they give(the non-repeated ones) are designed to test the best students. If you're not made for physics, you are NOT made for physics. Learn how all the correct answers in the past papers are correct, and I guarantee you will score a C. The B or A depends entirely on you. Do give the exams even if you think you will not be prepared for it. Trust me, when the pressure comes, you will be prepared.
Hope I helped!

Reaction score
Just do all the past question papers.Biology is hard to remember. But the questions always focus on similar topics and many are repeated. Chemistry in AS levels has not so much complex chemical reactions to remember, but they mix it up so much that you get confused. While doing chemistry past papers, be sure to keep a paper in which you have written down all the chemical reactions(specially organic) by your side. All the answers for chemistry are in the book by Roger Norris. I'm not just saying that - they ALL are there! As for physics, there's not much I can say that will help you. Past papers will help, a lot, but the new questions they give(the non-repeated ones) are designed to test the best students. If you're not made for physics, you are NOT made for physics. Learn how all the correct answers in the past papers are correct, and I guarantee you will score a C. The B or A depends entirely on you. Do give the exams even if you think you will not be prepared for it. Trust me, when the pressure comes, you will be prepared.
Hope I helped!
yes u helped alot thanks

Reaction score
For physics try to work out the classified first.In physics just try learn the concepts of a chapter and try to apply them by doing questions.Work the classified.Dude,don't waste time on revision work,I mean don't just try memorising things.In physics all you got to do is practice and keep practising.work all the past papers.Whenever you are stuck in some question, open your classified book and try practising some questions.Do it dude,you'll pass.The only thing you've got to do is keep practising.Good luck dear.Any prob just contact anyone of us or your teachers :) don't stress and think much.Just keep on working you'll succeed :)

i will try to follow what u said but physics i jst cant get ..

Reaction score
How about some useful advises and tips for Mathematics? Like how to excel in this subject? Thank you in advance. :)

Reaction score
i will try to follow what u said but physics i jst cant get ..
I think for physics the fear is in your head.I was like you,afraid of physics.But not anymore.Just let the questions come,try learn the concepts,first time it will be a bit difficult,but eventually you'll learn the concepts,don't give up without even trying bro/sis.Just pray and work hard you'll succeed :)