• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

help in o levels pakistan studies paper 1!ALL STUDENTS AND A* holders!!!

Reaction score
The second question is for 7 marks.
Actually in the second question I was a bit confused. I have Nigel Kelly's book and he only explained tat you need to write 3 reasons to a 'why' question of seven marks.
In the third mark question were my points right and did I miss anything?
I'll try to post the same answer as soon as possible.
the 2nd question is wrong in terms of examination. It must be a 'why' reason.
ur points for 3rd question are all correct and enough.

Reaction score
Master Minds.
Could you tell me where I can get an e-book or a preview for Yasmeen Malik's book Islamic Beliefs And Practices. Thank you

Reaction score
Could you please answer these questions:

1. Why do you think Jinnah decided to support the idea of creating 'Pakistan'?(7)

2. Was the creation of the new state the Greatest achievement Jinnah made to the Pakistan Movement? Give reasons for your answer.(14)

For the first part are these points correct:
1. Congress tyranny.
2.A growing realization that the British would leave India soon.
3. Influence of other Muslim leaders such as Rehmat Ali and Iqbal.

Reaction score
In my scanned answers I forgot to write the third question. It was:

1. Do you agree that during the second world war there was no significant progress towards independence in the Sub-continent? Give reasons for your answer.(14)

Reaction score
marked answers comments:
1. 4/4, complete 4 valid points, good work!
2. The first three paragraphs are just copied from nigel kely's book, which is quite disappointing for me. Although it doesn't really matter to examiner from where u copied but this practice is useless. So i would not consider this part of answer. Read carefully the comments on this answer in the book. The next two paras are totally relevant and well developed. Considering both these paras, u get 5-6/7. If I mark ur 3rd para as well, it can be upto 7/7. So even if you ommited the first two paras, ur answer would be still much better.
3. As there is no special priority given to any event in this question, it would be better if u had written down in chronological order. Write success and failures in different paragraphs, creating a link between them. This will shape your answer more better. You have covered all the major points well so it should be 11-12/14.
You would have scored 13-14 if u had structured ur answer well by writing in paras every success and failure and linking the paragraphs with the previous ones.

at most of the points, I think that u have just copied word to word from book. I am in doubt that u r just writing the answer without understanding or it is all ratafied. try to write in your own simple words and focus on structuring answers, especially 14 marks.

Reaction score
Go and read Nigel Kelly, Nigel Smith and the Bajwa book. Thats where A* holders read all of it from
*experience* :D

Reaction score
Go and read Nigel Kelly, Nigel Smith and the Bajwa book. Thats where A* holders read all of it from
*experience
there are only these 3 books most prominent for exam preparation. especially nigel kelly's is the most common one but nigel smith's must also be read in order to completely cover syllabus for cie.

Reaction score
marked answers comments:
1. 4/4, complete 4 valid points, good work!
2. The first three paragraphs are just copied from nigel kely's book, which is quite disappointing for me. Although it doesn't really matter to examiner from where u copied but this practice is useless. So i would not consider this part of answer. Read carefully the comments on this answer in the book. The next two paras are totally relevant and well developed. Considering both these paras, u get 5-6/7. If I mark ur 3rd para as well, it can be upto 7/7. So even if you ommited the first two paras, ur answer would be still much better.
3. As there is no special priority given to any event in this question, it would be better if u had written down in chronological order. Write success and failures in different paragraphs, creating a link between them. This will shape your answer more better. You have covered all the major points well so it should be 11-12/14.
You would have scored 13-14 if u had structured ur answer well by writing in paras every success and failure and linking the paragraphs with the previous ones.

at most of the points, I think that u have just copied word to word from book. I am in doubt that u r just writing the answer without understanding or it is all ratafied. try to write in your own simple words and focus on structuring answers, especially 14 marks.

The 14 marks question are so difficult!!!
Not only the length but also the structure.
And no I have not learnt the book by heart and i do understand what he is saying.

Reaction score
there are only these 3 books most prominent for exam preparation. especially nigel kelly's is the most common one but nigel smith's must also be read in order to completely cover syllabus for cie.
Isn't there an e-book or something?

Reaction score
Could you please answer these questions:

1. Why do you think Jinnah decided to support the idea of creating 'Pakistan'?(7)

2. Was the creation of the new state the Greatest achievement Jinnah made to the Pakistan Movement? Give reasons for your answer.(14)

For the first part are these points correct:
1. Congress tyranny.
2.A growing realization that the British would leave India soon.
3. Influence of other Muslim leaders such as Rehmat Ali and Iqbal.

Reaction score
From the period of Khwaja Nazzimuddin till Ayub Khan what exactly do we have to learn. For instance the objectives resolution, the one unit scheme etc

Reaction score
Killbill
answering 14 mark question is not as much difficult as u r thinking
although they r lenghty but it can be solved by time management. for structuring, write every reason, success, failure etc in different paragraph n try to link each paragraph with words like although, despite, along with etc. when mentioning events, do them in chronological order except when a specific event is mentioned in the question. then u have to discuss that event first n in a bit detail as compared to others. dont forget to link every reason back to question i.e how it caused what is asked in question or how important something is. if u manage to do all this along with correctly identifying reason, u can really score high. for 7 marks, just link the reasons with questions, link paragraphs n give correct reasons. if u clearly state in 7 mark that 'this was another reason' or 'firstly' 'secondly' etc. it will give an impression of relevance which examiner looks for.

for e-books, i dont have much knowledge. just google them out or purchase them.

i m currently not focusing on 3rd section, i may read it a little at the end.

Reaction score
answers tonur asked questions
1. those 3 points r correct.
2. first discuss the creation of Pakistan as an achievement. Then cover the following:
- 14 points
- day of delievarance
- pakistan resolution
- failure of cripps mission, gandhi-jinnah talks etc. (progress towards pakistan movemenet)
- 1945 election

Reaction score
answers tonur asked questions
1. those 3 points r correct.
2. first discuss the creation of Pakistan as an achievement. Then cover the following:
- 14 points
- day of delievarance
- pakistan resolution
- failure of cripps mission, gandhi-jinnah talks etc. (progress towards pakistan movemenet)
- 1945 election
The first point. How exactly do you elaborate it?
''Jinnah was finally able to create Pakistan in 14 August 1947. He not only managed to create Pakistan but also ensured that it prospered .''
And then what?

Reaction score
The first point. How exactly do you elaborate it?
''Jinnah was finally able to create Pakistan in 14 August 1947. He not only managed to create Pakistan but also ensured that it prospered .''
And then what?
u will briefly tell about the tireless work of jinnah for making the appearantly impossible possible. giving muslims a great platform, he fought on behalf of muslims for independence in the most tough circumstances. Covincing british n hindus for pakistan and then accepting the challange for making it prosper is itself a great achievemnt.