• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Help for Pakistan studies (GEOGRAPY)

Reaction score
How should i study this thing i get really confused with geogrphy im studying on my own appearing this october. any tips? the past papers are confusing. HISTORY is easy im almost done with it. But geography gives me a headache

Reaction score
For geography you need to have the knowledge before you can attempt the questions. You need to know and then evaluate. First you need to read the book of Huma Naz Sethi as many times as you can. You don't need to learn much but you should know what kind of answers you need to draft out from there. You may right down the answers from the book and make notes for your efficiency. But make sure you keep enough time to practice past papers, they are utmost essential. Read marking schemes and add the points from MS into your notes.

Reaction score
Geography is either facts or absolutely conceptual, with the facts forming the bases of the concepts. Read Sethi's book as thoroughly as you can but be careful not to include everything you learn there in response to a question in the exam. During studying, make tables, charts and maps for better memorisation (works far better than simple reading). Once through with your concepts, practice past papers and read mark schemes and examiner reports (MUST!). You'd see that you are awarded for each valid point you mention and not the facts, which might be relevant to the topic but irrelevant to the question. Concepts get repeated time and time again so solving past papers helps tremendously. In the exam, however, understand the requirement of each question before you proceed to answer it to avoid including points that would get you no marks and waste time (the major reason why candidates lose marks in Paper 2).
Also, expect the unexpected! : )

Reaction score
In geography this is to be done really when u r done with syllabus prep ! make a plan in ur mind like what topics related questions u will do when u get the paper as abcde said they loose time,they also loose time thinking which question to do similar thing happened with me :( and i now dont understand why i didnt do Q1 when it was so easy ! :( but u have got to get over this !
Also for geography prepare the most for topics that come everytime like agriculture,trade and study chaps by linking different chaps with others like linking Topography with climate or trade etc.

Reaction score
^Yes, topics are inter-related so one question usually covers 2-3 chapters. For population, there is almost always a separate question though.

Reaction score
Geography is easy only ,do not memorize the facts just understand the facts. Solve the past papers as much as you can as well read the book of Huma Naz Sethi as its the best book for geography

Reaction score
I would suggest that Read Huma Nazz SethiS book fully cz it entirely covers the syllabus while along with that do almost all the past papers but never expect the repeated question bcz examiner rarely repeats a question .Not just focus on main syllabus contents but some underlying Questions that can be made from such topics especially Advantages and disadvantages of something(this is what known as evaluation of topics)

Hope this help!!!!!!!!1

Reaction score
^Not exactly of course. It's very common for the concepts to be repeated though.

Reaction score
The questions given are general so general knowledge should be greater than 'rattafication' or 'learning by hr8'.......... :%)

Reaction score
well there aint any specific tips the geo paper that comes now is more generally related to common sense the rote learned book wont help u there u will have to learn individual points so u can counter any questions also since now they are giving a 6 mark ques of advantages and disadvantages in almost every ques u will be better off seeing the dis and advantages of a certain thing like rain in urban areas ?
Also what i found out was that Climate and Agriculture are the two topics which can easily come everytime as they are tooooooooo interrelated and can easily get included with other topics !
Another tip on examiner point of view as the answer u write in the ques paper itself make sure u dont exceed the space given and write outside the lines given make ur paper neat and presentable,
another thing in the instructions on the first page they say that u can draw stuff like maps to show with your ques this is earns a lot of marks and they even leave space for u so its easy to decide where u can make the map but its not compulsory its just optional, an eg. of this can be seen in M/J 2011 P2 Q5 a where they leave space for u !