• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Hello

Reaction score
I'm a O2 student, with basically zero preparation. My teacher and school are shit. Preparing for CAIE exam of PST and CAIE exam of ISLAMIAT in the may-june batch of 2023.
Will readily welcome any suggestions,advice or resources from fellow students

Reaction score
I'm a O2 student, with basically zero preparation. My teacher and school are shit. Preparing for CAIE exam of PST and CAIE exam of ISLAMIAT in the may-june batch of 2023.
I highly recommend you to do past papers and before your exams revise your answers. This worked great for me, hope this works well for you too.

Reaction score
Hi!
For PST I'd suggest you use your textbook as well as other resources like notes so you can get a wider range of information because that DOES prove useful. After all, certain events might be explained in greater detail than in the book. When I took my exam there was this question for 7 marks, which had an explanation of only one paragraph in the book which was certainly less than what was required. The extra info point is mainly for history, the geography book is pretty good on its own (The Environment of Pakistan one)
For Islamiyat again, refer to notes along with the book. Make timelines if that helps you.
I found these history notes online, they might help ⬇️
Good luck! (don't forget to take a water bottle along with you to the exam)

Attachments

• History notes-Academia.pdf
    937.5 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
I'm also about to give cies this summer. What I've come to realize near my papers is the absolutely shitty reality of my school not sharing resources. Especially for isl 2058, like u see 10 mark questions for a topic which doesn't even have 10 line in ur course book. U gotta hanker for resources, the best ones I found especially for isl 2058 were sir Khurram Hussain's notes and Dr. iftikhar ul haq's solved past papers. For pst I just look up every single detail on Wikipedia atp because u could always get a 7 mark question about it, u never know what's going on in examiners' damned heads

Reaction score
Hi!
For PST I'd suggest you use your textbook as well as other resources like notes so you can get a wider range of information because that DOES prove useful. After all, certain events might be explained in greater detail than in the book. When I took my exam there was this question for 7 marks, which had an explanation of only one paragraph in the book which was certainly less than what was required. The extra info point is mainly for history, the geography book is pretty good on its own (The Environment of Pakistan one)
For Islamiyat again, refer to notes along with the book. Make timelines if that helps you.
I found these history notes online, they might help ⬇️
Good luck! (don't forget to take a water bottle along with you to the exam)
Are u talking Abt that one titu mir question that was in the 2023 summer paper???

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
I'm also about to give cies this summer. What I've come to realize near my papers is the absolutely shitty reality of my school not sharing resources. Especially for isl 2058, like u see 10 mark questions for a topic which doesn't even have 10 line in ur course book. U gotta hanker for resources, the best ones I found especially for isl 2058 were sir Khurram Hussain's notes and Dr. iftikhar ul haq's solved past papers. For pst I just look up every single detail on Wikipedia atp because u could always get a 7 mark question about it, u never know what's going on in examiners' damned heads
Well looking up Wikipedia is hard.. I suggest you do some recent Past Papers of pst on your own then check using mark scheme and read the examiner report.. this way even if your book didn't explain something in detail the mark scheme will mention points that score you marks.. you can then find notes accordingly but mark scheme helps you understand mentioning what gets you points for a question...

Reaction score
Well looking up Wikipedia is hard.. I suggest you do some recent Past Papers of pst on your own then check using mark scheme and read the examiner report.. this way even if your book didn't explain something in detail the mark scheme will mention points that score you marks.. you can then find notes accordingly but mark scheme helps you understand mentioning what gets you points for a question...
Yea I agree there are so many details but u gotta do what u gotta do lol. the past papers option was the first one I chose and I have schemes memorized atp. But I feel like the history paper is getting harder and harder while the Geo paper is kinda depreciating, this is purely based on 2023 papers (the Oct Nov Geo paper was so easy relative to the 2015-16 papers😮‍💨)