• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Hello... Yeah...

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new here and was just wanting to ask a few questions.

At the end of this year I'll be sitting my first set of Cambridge exams and would just like a few study tips. What works for you guys?
Alllssssoooo - How do you recommend prepping for internal exams? We take them for class placement next year and this term's exams start in 2 1/2 weeks. :eek:

Reaction score
Don't understand any topic, watch topic related video from youtube. HELPS ALOT!

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Here are some tips:-
-> Chill & don't panic.
-> Have confidence in yourself and what you know.
-> Make a list of all your topics and devote more time to subjects you are weak at (Don’t waste your time flipping pages of the book and deciding where to start from; that is going to take you nowhere, trust me).

->Do all the past papers (2002 onwards) with both mark-schemes & examiner reports. <- this for both, your Internal School Exams and Cambridge Exams!

Best of Luck!

And oh! Stop face-booking if you do that ( this also means stop tweeting, chatting and scrapping =P )

Reaction score
also try leading the study matter and not the study matter leading u ! :p
also if u stop studying and get totally bored and cannot study think abt what ur friends will be doin these days they wud be studying as well so u wanna beat them right so this will make u study for a long time !

Reaction score
Study tips:

1- Make sure you get enough studying time as well as fun time! Having a better mood helps in studying!

2- Make sure you have a mark scheme ( You can view the mark schemes on this site too ) for every subject you're taking. It will help you find the most reliable answers and know how the question's marks are divided.

3- Make sure you read the syllabus of each subject ( syllabuses are also here in the site ) to be able to know what exactly is required from you.

4- Solve past papers ( Quality not Quantity ). Personally, I usually do all the past papers once or twice ( AT MAX ), and then start revising it. I tend to copy mark scheme answers to my past papers and study from those. I also draw a little circle on the questions that I find important so that I could revise them easy on exams ( whether internal or finals ).

5- The last tip I want to give you is using colors. =3
It helps so much to know what the answers in your past papers are. For example, I write my answers in a pencil, the teacher's answers in blue and the mark scheme's answer in red. It really helps when studying!

Good Luck :)