• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

HAVING A MASSIVE PROBLEM WITH (ORGANIC CHEM) CHEMISTRY PAPER 2. PLEASE HELP ME!

Reaction score
Hi, so my Chemistry Paper 2 exam is on Wednesday and I'm having a serious problem. I've been doing some past papers and whenever I get to organic questions I just CAN'T seem to answer them. I know the syllabus, it's there in my brain but when I start doing organic questions I just sort of feel a blockage and I can't answer the question. When I attempt the questions, looking at all the structural formulas and things, I become completely overwhelmed and feel hopeless. I'm so worried now, I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of panic, please help me!

Reaction score
Honestly, I have the very same problem but I saw an improvement in organic when I did the past papers now as opposed to when I did them for the May/June exam. Just do the past paper & then check the mark scheme for the answer to that organic question & memorize the different reagents & conditions & all that crap. At least that's what I'm TRYING to do since we don't have much time left :/

Reaction score
Write all the organic reactions along with the necessary conditions on one single page and then read it, re read it, rewrite it. That is the only way I guess :/
But DON'T PANIC. stay calm or you will forget inorganic chemistry as well :p

Reaction score
you can memorise that organic chem like a parrot! .. but its the interpratation and deep understanding thats required to answer those past paper questions especially today's chem paper!