• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Guys what is the threshold for English 1123??

Reaction score
Hey this is the first time am appearing for olevels and I don't know much about threshold can u please help me??

Reaction score
Hey this is the first time am appearing for olevels and I don't know much about threshold can u please help me??
First of all grade theresholds are not released for olevels and secondly you have to wait until the results for the release of gt's.
Grade threshelod is the minimum mark that must be obtained to get a particular grade. Theresholds vary year to year and are set according to the paper's difficulty in relation to previous papers as well as the number of candidates who scored well.... Many times for A* the grade thereshold is from 90-93%, although for english it does not rise that much. It usually stays uptill 91%
The lowest it can drop to for any subject is 88% for A*, not more than that.
Theresholds are never released for Olevel subjects so they are usually estimated according to IGCSE theresholds.

Reaction score
First of all grade theresholds are not released for olevels and secondly you have to wait until the results for the release of gt's.
Grade threshelod is the minimum mark that must be obtained to get a particular grade. Theresholds vary year to year and are set according to the paper's difficulty in relation to previous papers as well as the number of candidates who scored well.... Many times for A* the grade thereshold is from 90-93%, although for english it does not rise that much. It usually stays uptill 91%
The lowest it can drop to for any subject is 88% for A*, not more than that.
Theresholds are never released for Olevel subjects so they are usually estimated according to IGCSE theresholds.
How are you so sure that it never goes below 88% ?

Reaction score
The range for an A in English is around 73 min raw mark for A and around 80 for A* I think. You will most likely never need above 85% raw marks for an A* in any subject other than Maths and Add Maths.

Reaction score
The range for an A in English is around 73 min raw mark for A and around 80 for A* I think. You will most likely never need above 85% raw marks for an A* in any subject other than Maths and Add Maths.

hey thankxx

Reaction score
guys dont u think 90-93% for A* for other subjects is too high considering that many get A*......
Actually i gave my IGCSE papers n expecting 85-88% in bio chem n physics,so is it possible for me to get A*???just asking:p:)

Reaction score
guys dont u think 90-93% for A* for other subjects is too high considering that many get A*......
Actually i gave my IGCSE papers n expecting 85-88% in bio chem n physics,so is it possible for me to get A*???just asking:p:)

Yeah, according to the IGCSE thresholds you will get A* in all 3

Reaction score
Yeah, according to the IGCSE thresholds you will get A* in all 3

thanks bro!!!!!:)
but i m still scared as my friends were saying getiing 85% would get u an A or B as papers were easy this time!!!!!!!!!!!but still praying n wishing for A*s :)
BTW still not able to understand the gts as they say a guy wth 75 % evn gets an A*??????????? o_O which seems to b unrealistic!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
thanks bro!!!!!:)
but i m still scared as my friends were saying getiing 85% would get u an A or B as papers were easy this time!!!!!!!!!!!but still praying n wishing for A*s :)
BTW still not able to understand the gts as they say a guy wth 75 % evn gets an A*??????????? o_O which seems to b unrealistic!!!!!!!!

true as for sceinces 70% is A* in grade thresholds

Reaction score
So sir u agree wth it?
And yeah sir wat do u think i can get wth the following mrks
130/160
135/160
157/180

according to latest year GTs u get A* for each... dont be so ecstatic though - no guarantees

Reaction score
according to latest year GTs u get A* for each... dont be so ecstatic though - no guarantees
oohps sorry sir,not being ecstatic but m curious n eager bout the papers....:D
curiosity kills the cat but hope mine will b different:p.....IN SHA ALLAH
BTW thanks sir for giving me some hopes :D

Reaction score
never heard that 70% raw marks would get you an A* dude.....in that sense everyone would get it.

compared with IGCSE theresholds and other similiar examinations. Plus I once mailed CIE and that's what they said.
Do you think thresholds for all subjects can never be below 88% for A*?

Reaction score
never heard that 70% raw marks would get you an A* dude.....in that sense everyone would get it.

compared with IGCSE theresholds and other similiar examinations. Plus I once mailed CIE and that's what they said.

bro I dont knw much bout the gts!!!!!!!!!!!!
but wat i knw is that it varies every year and its quiet low mostly!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
but if ur right,then wat bout the gts posted wth the papers????????o_O it show vry low gts????????