• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

guys, what is construction lines in CHEMISTRY PAPER 5

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
It's a perpendicular line, drawn where the tangent meets the curve!

Xam

Reaction score
can any1 post a picture or smething? for both curve n tangent construction line.

Reaction score
have the same question!! :O i was so confused about this.. SOMEONE PLEASE POST A PIC of a sample answer to such a question

Reaction score
for a straight line... choose a point that falls on the line...draw two lines from that particular point...one on the x-axis and the other on the y-axis...

Reaction score
yewtzeee said:
is it a gradient oor just a single point..

While we carry out our physics practicals, there's always a question where we have to find gradient. Know that?? And to find the gradient, we draw two lines perpendicular to the graph. Remember??? and also allocate two points that passes through those lines and the graph. U get it? And we find gradient using those points. So, i think "construction lines" are just those lines that enable us to find gradient (the perpendicular lines),,,, (I think m right!!!)