• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GT for Chemistry paper 22 AS.

Reaction score
in the last question the two functional groups present were alcoholl and ketone right?.....but instead of alcohol i accidently wrote aldehyde...( silly mistake :( ) ....my question is that will i get error carried forward in the later parts of this question....considering the fact that penalization for same mistake again and again would be unfair... quick reply plzzz :(

Yeah, they won't penalise you each time... E.c.f .... And besides you ended with a triol for the last part?

Reaction score
yes triol...because my two 'aldehydes' and the 'ketone' would reduce to alcohols....right?

even if i wrote alcohol in the first part instead of aldehyde....the result would have been a triol...but different number of hydrogen atoms i think... :eek:

Reaction score
Even I did in one it doesn't make any difference they'll give the marks
were we suppose to draw the fully displayed structure in the optical isomer ... i actually cannot recall the question do u remember i am a bit worried and what about the mols of H atoms

Reaction score
yes triol...because my two 'aldehydes' and the 'ketone' would reduce to alcohols....right?

even if i wrote alcohol in the first part instead of aldehyde....the result would have been a triol...but different number of hydrogen atoms i think... :eek:

Yup that's right :)

Reaction score
they'll accept displayed formula for all the structures in question five. I've seen it in past mark schemes. :)
dude actually it was q.4. i said it wrong it was q.4 of paper 22 in whch i drew the whole structures of all the organic compounds in the boxes.

Reaction score
they'll accept displayed formula for all the structures in question five. I've seen it in past mark schemes. :)
dude it was q.4 actually i had posted it wrong. it was q.4 of paper 22 in which i drew the whole structures of organic compounds showing every bond

Reaction score
I just checked the w11 gt, and turns out you need atleast around 200/270 if you want an A* in chemistry (5 papers). So
try n not lose more than 50 marks in total to be on the safe side.

Reaction score
it will depend on the grade threshold. If the threshold is similar to that of november 2011 then you can expect an A.
If you've given the paper this year you'd know the expected thresholds. What do you think would become of these marks?

Reaction score
Well, I don't remember any trio being formed! Are you sure it was a triol? Which question are you talking about? It would help if you posted the whole question as it was.
dude in q.4 last part when we reduced structure G we got a triol.
dont u remember G had two OH fuctional groups and 1 ketone group. the ketone group was reduced to triol

Reaction score
Hell you serious? C or D? Come on!
Really sorry man! i was checking a maths thread in which i guy wrote similar marks so i thought u were the same one so i wrote exactly the same ans :p id say you have a chance of an A and inshAllah u'll get it. If not than definitly a higher B. P.S i want u to get an A caz if u do ill do too. My expected are 31-32 mcqs.. 50-52 Theory. 22-26 practical :D InshALLAH we'll both score an A.