• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GT for Biology P22

Reaction score
Why was it of such importance then? I mean it was the site where the enzyme binder so are you sure it didn't have anythibg to do with thst
The site where an antigen binds in the variable one. And enzyme binding on antibody ( i never read such thing).
Flexibility is important for an antibody molecule as it can adjust to hold the antigen on it's variable region. Besides, this was the only function i came across and that's why i considered it to be important.

Reaction score
The site where an antigen binds in the variable one. And enzyme binding on antibody ( i never read such thing).
Flexibility is important for an antibody molecule as it can adjust to hold the antigen on it's variable region. Besides, this was the only function i came across and that's why i considered it to be important.
I know I wrote the same function...I really don't think it's correct tho. And it wasnt a typical antibody...there was aparently only 1 polypeptide chain..

Reaction score
I know I wrote the same function...I really don't think it's correct tho. And it wasnt a typical antibody...there was aparently only 1 polypeptide chain..
No, there were two chains as far as i can recall (though not sure). But what else could be the function then? This was the only thing i found to be correct.
What were the processes in the first question?

Reaction score
No, there were two chains as far as i can recall (though not sure). But what else could be the function then? This was the only thing i found to be correct.
What were the processes in the first question?
No it said in the question that there was no quarternary structure, only tertiary structure

Reaction score
No it said in the question that there was no quarternary structure, only tertiary structure
Yes, it was mentioned later, you are right. But the question about these parts were in the beginning where answers were to be given in context to the information given above, and about what you are talking came later, in some different part. And in the beginning, there was a figure of the antibody molecule, which had two chains.

Reaction score
Yes, it was mentioned later, you are right. But the question about these parts were in the beginning where answers were to be given in context to the information given above, and about what you are talking came later, in some different part. And in the beginning, there was a figure of the antibody molecule, which had two chains.
Okay wait I wrote 4 chains...we're t they talking about the antibody...I mean how many chains does the antibody and not the enzyme have??

Reaction score
I don't remember the question exactly, But that part was asking whether the structure was quaternary or tertiary and it was tertiary since there was only one polypeptide chain. I don't think enzyme was anywhere there in the paper.

Reaction score
I don't remember the question exactly, But that part was asking whether the structure was quaternary or tertiary and it was tertiary since there was only one polypeptide chain. I don't think enzyme was anywhere there in the paper.
The palaise enzyme which broke down the antibody? Wasnt the tertiary structure question about it?!

Reaction score
Cause I write that it has hydrophobic parts which point inward and hydrophilic parts which point outward making it soluble and hence a globular protein :S

Reaction score
Cause I write that it has hydrophobic parts which point inward and hydrophilic parts which point outward making it soluble and hence a globular protein :S
So you're talking about that one. It's correct i think, however, i don't remember the question exactly.

Reaction score
So you're talking about that one. It's correct i think, however, i don't remember the question exactly.
I don't remember any parts of the question..didn't even read them properly so I dunno if they were talking about the antibody or the enzyme. What'd u wrote and how are the no of polypeptide chains 2?

Reaction score
I remember that in one of the parts, it was the tertiary structure, and i remember the functions of the first three parts. This is all i'm able to recall.